SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#54181 - 05/21/03 07:40 PM Great drums and basses for dancers
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I am using the Sound Arranger to select user drums and basses. I feel this adds another dimension to the keyboard.

Bebop has sent my demo to everyone on his list. Contact him if you have not received one.

It demonstrates the use of user drums and basses controlled by the Sound Arranger. The demo contains a user drum set, some user basses, and three songs.

Play each song with the Sound Arranger off, and then repeat them with the Sound Arranger on.

This is great for live players, It also has some possible uses for those who play sequences. This setup should only be used when you want to kick it up a notch. (Dancers?)

The player must design the setup to his own taste, we all hear differently.

If there is enough interest, I plan to write a tutorial on each phase of the setup.

There will be a demo for the KN6500 shortly.

John C.

#54182 - 05/21/03 08:24 PM Re: Great drums and basses for dancers
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Hey John,
This looks like the start of something really good for technics players. I hope you continue on with this. I did send your file out to the Technics lists.
Thank you for sharing your work with our members
Best to you
Bebop

#54183 - 05/22/03 01:53 AM Re: Great drums and basses for dancers
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi John,

I'm so glad you are repeating your offering for KN6500 owners. I was really excited when I downloaded your first distribution, then so disappointed when I discovered I couldn't play it because it was for the KN7000.

I have asked in personal e-mails to you that you write a step-by-step tutorial and I want to reinforce that request here on our forum since you mentioned it in your post above. Apart from sharing music, which has been really, really neat, I think everyone of us would benefit greatly from short tutorials by those who are willing to make the effort to write them. Tutorials on arranging, voice mixing, easy record, step record, composer, Music Style Arranger, and so on would be of immense help. My chord progression tutorial will be ready for distribution soon. I like writing such material so people can better understand the music we love so much. I need the help of others in the form of tutorials showing me how they employ the many features of our keyboards to make their beautiful music creations.

Thanks again for taking the time to prepare a KN6500 version of your drum enhancement technique.

Best Regards, Chuck

#54184 - 05/22/03 02:19 AM Re: Great drums and basses for dancers
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi John
I am glad you are willing to provide a tutorial. I play live music for dancing but lack the knowledge of the arranger. I also agree with Chuck that tutorials in all areas would be immensely beneficial to many members.
Thanks to both of you.

Bernie

#54185 - 05/22/03 08:32 PM Re: Great drums and basses for dancers
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Super Idea. Looking forward to your KN-6500
set up. You are just slightly ahead of your time. Thanks------------------ARJ

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online