SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#60812 - 12/06/02 10:35 AM Scott Yee bought the Tyros
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
I just read on the General Arranger Forum that our forum member and friend Scott Yee has made his decision and ordered the Tyros and not the Kn7000. I am sure it was a tough decision.
I am happy to have both the KN6000 and the Yam 9000. I would like to upgrade both but....... I guess time will tell
Bebop

#60813 - 12/06/02 08:14 PM Re: Scott Yee bought the Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hey Bebop. Yep, it was a tough decsion for sure, cuz both the KN7000 & Tyros sound terrific. But since I can only to afford to choose one . . .

Btw. How was your trip down to Pismo Beach? I bet you had lots of fun playing on Frank Bez's KN7000.

Scott

#60814 - 12/06/02 09:08 PM Re: Scott Yee bought the Tyros
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI Scott,
Congrats on your new keyboard due in the next day or two.
We had a great visit with Frank. He demo'd the Kn7000 for us and let me play it too. It just sparkles. It was a real treat to visit Frank as always and especially this trip when he had the new K7 hooked up in his studio. I am looking forward to spending more time on another one somewhere, sometime, maybe even over at Colton where they will spend as long as I play trying to discover where my top dollar is A fun game for a rainy day We shall see what time brings.
I always wanted patience all my life and now that I finally have it, I hardly know what to do with it, ha
BEBOP

#60815 - 12/07/02 02:49 AM Re: Scott Yee bought the Tyros
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Scott, COngratulations on the new 'Toy' or in your case 'Tool for the Job'
I think it would be very interesting to know what factors affected your final decision. (Maybe the Vocaliser??)
Have Fun......

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#60816 - 12/07/02 12:52 PM Re: Scott Yee bought the Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Hi Willum. Thanks for the congrats. You're right about the vocalizer being the deciding factor between Tyros & KN7000. I realize that I could just take along an external vocalizer (Digitech Vocalist Workstation) with the KN7000, but unfortunately the Digitech vocalizer settings could not be saved/stored with the song (on the KN7000 in Panel Memory) as only a built in vocalizer can provide. The issue isn't whether the KN7000 or Tyros is better (they're BOTH imho the best arranger keyboards out there: PERIOD!) , but it's more which one best suits our 'personal' requirements. Happy holidays & happy Technics arranger keyboard playing to all. - Scott

#60817 - 12/07/02 02:34 PM Re: Scott Yee bought the Tyros
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Thanks Scott - Hope you have a great (and Busy) festive season.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#60818 - 12/08/02 09:12 AM Re: Scott Yee bought the Tyros
Derek Ladkin Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Willum and friends,

I've been so busy on some of my other hobbies but thought I ought to look in on the forum to see the latest news and once again confess my devious doings over the past months
Fickle I am ,as Granpa Doug said after my last confession. Whilst flirting with "The lady in Blue" I've been dating the "Tantilizing Tyros" on several occasions and things came to a head when both turned up on one date !! Boy was my face red
As you can imagine I was forced to choose and in a weak moment when she flashed her multi coloured rhythm buttons,I proposed to the Tantilizing Tyros. I am now waiting to hear the date for our nuptuals.
However that hasn't simplified things as I am still carrying on the affair with my Slinky Silver 6500. I can't give her up.
Oh! what a complicated life I lead. Does anyone know of a good agony aunt I can talk to ?

#60819 - 12/08/02 09:55 AM Re: Scott Yee bought the Tyros
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
We will all be waiting for an MP3 demo from Scott on his new Tyros, not that I would pressure him .............Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60820 - 12/08/02 10:28 AM Re: Scott Yee bought the Tyros
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Well Scott, only one more bedtime before you wake up to an early Christmas present, and spend most of the Advent playing with the Tyros Hope to hear your review of it sometime next year!, oh, and a few MP3's!!

Good luck Scott, and I do hope everything arrives safely

Tony

#60821 - 12/08/02 07:58 PM Re: Scott Yee bought the Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Derek, I enjoyed reading your story about your Tyros & KN7000 love affair. It really is a difficult choice for sure, but I guess polygamy is out (for most of us anyway), so we MUST make a choice. I think ones choice should be made based on what the most important features you're looking for are. Both the KN7000 & Tyros each possess uniquely different pros/cons which better suit different music genres & playing styles. I of course won't expound on this as this has been discussed at length in earlier threads. Derek, I think you made a good decision to go with the Tyros because it will complement nicely with your still terrific sounding KN6500.

Larry & Jupiter (Tony): I promise to give you guys my personal impression on the Tyros hopefully later this week after I have a chance to FINALLY play it. I'll be posting on the 'General Arranger' message board though, because I realize this message baord is dedicated to Technics arrangers, and not the competition.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

Scott

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online