SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#64388 - 10/01/02 09:08 AM SD Card.....again
Shirley Warwick Offline

Loc: Dartmouth, Devon
Took delivery of the 7k yesterday and love the new styles/voices, particularly the
organs.

Today, have installed, drivers, programmes
on the PC. As yet,have only managed to
transmit styles/midis, single file only to
the keyboard from the PC. Also loaded styles
from floppy disk to SD card in 7k. I read in the forum how quickly you can transfer files through the card reader and I have looked through the help files but find them very lacking in detailed information. Can someone please explain the quickest way to transfer technic format files from my PC to the Card Reader in detail please. I have them
backed up in normal folders as zips and have
unzipped to temp file hopefully to transfer to SD Card. When I went into Song Manager
it opened box with .sdb files only
accepted. I am probably going about this in a
stupid way but my excuse is I am just a woman
Incidentally, have purchased a Lexar 128mb SD
Card with 5yr guarantee from www.valuemedia.co.uk for £52.99 plus vat plus P&P. This seems to be a good price for the UK. Ordered yesterday, here today.

Shirley.

#64389 - 10/01/02 10:24 AM Re: SD Card.....again
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Shirley
Glad to see you've taken the plunge & gone for the 7000. At the moment you can only transfer KN files one at a time between PC and KN and vice versa. Alternatively you can load 20 KN files at a time from floppy to KN. However, you can back up all the files on your SD card using the USB reader/writer in a minute or so.
I have e-mailed Chris Whitehead at Panasonic and they are working on another method of file transfer.
BTW You might be 'Just a Woman' but we menfolk wouldn't dare argue with you

#64390 - 10/01/02 02:24 PM Re: SD Card.....again
Shirley Warwick Offline

Loc: Dartmouth, Devon
John,

Thank you for your quick response. I thought
I could remember a posting from Alec in
connection with this but reading other postings later reporting how quick the card reader is, it didn't register that it referred to the backup of files already on the card. Sorry!!

It will take a litle time to familiarise
myself with all the extras on this new keyboard. My 903 doesn't have the custom panel,custom, style convert,etc.,so I look forward to using these functions. At the
moment trying a bit of this and a bit of that

Thanks for your help. BTW, your theatre organ
songs play very well on the 7k.

Shirley.

#64391 - 10/01/02 06:00 PM Re: SD Card.....again
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Shirl, Shirley and Shirl,

Tried the Tyros and the seven triple zero, wow! Couldn’t wait? Burning a hole in your pocket book eh? Got the fever? To heck with the keyboard festival? Impatient? Darn it, I’ll just pick the best and get it over with. Is that the way your brain worked? Me too!!! Hope I can get at least seventy five percent of the stuff on my new board nailed down before the eight comes out. Hope you don’t neglect your piano like I did. Sure is a nice piece of furniture though, sitting with it’s shinny, polished face along the north wall of the living room. Wonder if I’ll ever lift the lid and tickle the keys anymore. Poor thing! Get rid of it? Na, think I’ll just keep it. It will give the kids something to fight over when I croak. Besides Ruthie says It gives the place a nice bit of class sitting there.

How about giving us your evaluation of the seven thousand from a pretty woman's perspective? Is it a gal’s toy as much as a guy’s thing? Did you try any lowdown window rattling gospel stuff yet with the new rotor organs? The other day I hooked up my speaker system to the seven. Ruthie went to the beauty parlor and I let it all hang out. I cranked up the volume, played a little Amen gospel and all the mice came out of their holes, lined up on the rug and said, play it brother!!! When Ruthie came back, opened the door, came in the house she shouted, what in the name of heaven is going on? Oh nothing. Just a little gospel with my new organ stuff. Well, she said, sounds like all hell broke loose. With all that noise all the Saints will be marching out, not in. Glory Be! Enough is enough. I’m going in the kitchen and bake a cake for little Tim’s birthday party tomorrow so cool it. I don’t want the cake falling with all that noise while I bake it. OK OK OK, I’ll read the instruction manuel. Go bake your cake.

And that’s the way it goes around here.

Grandpa Doug

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online