SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#58515 - 04/11/02 12:47 AM Loss of Volume in PM
Dave Shively Offline

Loc: Calimesa, Ca, USA
Hi to All,
I have a KN 6000 upgraded to the KN 6500. When playing a song I lose just the instrument volume when the panel memory is pressed or moved via foot switch. This can happen at any time, with any instrument, in any panel memory.
I had the main circuit board replaced by the authorized tech. But it still happens occasionally. I called a number the tech suggested to Technics and they suggested a hard initialize, which I did. Still having problems. I have the latest rom upgrade.
When the volume goes down to hardly nothing, I can go into the sound group, press another instrument, the volume is where I set the level, go back to the same instrument that lost the sound and it is back to the level that was set. Has anyone had this problem?
Are their other boards to replace other than the main circuit board? I even replaced the foot switch and expression pedal. But no go.
Hope you can suggest a solution to my problem since the authorized tech seems to be scratching his head.
Best Regards,
Dave Shively

#58516 - 04/11/02 01:19 AM Re: Loss of Volume in PM
technicsplayer Offline

I'm not surprised he's scratching his head, a main board change should have solved this.

I imagine this would also have changed the actual panel memory switches, since they are soldered on to the board?

But you have already discounted these by using the footswitch; an alternative method would have been using the panel memory increment in the control preset bank of the performance pads. But from your description this would not prove anything or help now.

I would try taking the ew65 out (and any other card) and doing the hard initialise, just to confirm that the problem remains.

Apart from that, the only other thing could be a subsiduary board, but I would expect all the software controlling panel memories to be located on the main board.

Most perplexing! Sorry to hear of your problems, Dave

#58517 - 04/12/02 12:18 AM Re: Loss of Volume in PM
Dave Shively Offline

Loc: Calimesa, Ca, USA
Hi Alec,
Thanks for the speedy reply. I will try your suggestion of taking out the cards (65&01) and redo the initial. If not then back to the tech and see what can be done.
Thanks again,
Best Regards,
Dave

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online