SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47169 - 12/29/01 12:39 AM Technics Style Conversions
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Technics Styles....After converting different manufactures styles to my Roland. I find Technics styles not only perform well in conversion, but what also is interesting about the KN styles is that in a large number of KN styles the voices change in the ACC's depending on the Variation used. These program changes are still in place after the conversion to Roland and does enable the style to sound more variable and possibly larger than its 4 bar loops would indicate.

Graham UK

#47170 - 12/30/01 04:53 PM Re: Technics Style Conversions
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Graham, this is good to know, just because for
me this will be one of the issues if or when
change or add another keyboard.
I've often wondered about how Technics styles
perform when converted to other brands.
What KN models styles did you convert? I guess
it's the similiar result from KN3 and 5000?
Happy New Year!
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#47171 - 12/30/01 08:21 PM Re: Technics Style Conversions
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Gunnar. The KN3000 had a nice facility, the styles could be assigned to Major,Minor or 7th chords... ie:The style Riff changes depending on the chord type played.This can be done on the Rolands. (Korg has up to 6 chord variations available) Unfortunately Technics abandoned this chord variation on future models.
The poorest results with style conversion are the Yamaha style files, but Yamaha styles are in fact Midi files so can be loaded into Cakewalk which then shows all the style part markers. To load into Cakewalk change the style extension .sty to .mid or enter *.* in the Cakewalk File Open box to then show the style for loading.
If all manufactures produced styles in midi file format, styles could be loaded into any make of keyboard. Tweaking would of course still be required but style conversion would then not be necessary.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.....Graham UK

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online