SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38006 - 01/24/01 08:11 AM VST Sounds drops out on Mac
Wes Mozart Offline

Loc: Chester, England, UK
Someone please help...my problem is driving me mad!
I'm running VST 4.1 on a 7600 Powermac with a Sonnet G3 upgrade card (233mhz). I have 160 meg ram.
I can't get beyond one audio track without the performance register peaking almost constantly and cutting the sound out. When I try to to record tracks 2,3, 4 etc it cuts out so often I can't hear the sound from track one to use as a guide to record other instruments, vocals etc. The problem seems to be just during the original recording process. When I put seven or eight audiotracks down, even though they are all out of time with each other because of the inabilitiy to hear them, they play back fine and the CPU performance doesn't even go near half way to capacity. Have I set something up wrong in the early stages. I've tried increasing buffer etc in audio set-up window and reducing audio tracks to four with no luck. I've also greatly increased the memory for VST program and channels in audio window. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

#38007 - 01/29/01 02:27 PM Re: VST Sounds drops out on Mac
Wes Mozart Offline

Loc: Chester, England, UK
Thanks to everyone in the Cubase Cavalry who replied to my problem by email. I'm up and running great guns now. Stripping the extensions down to OS Base, disabling norton, tech tool pro etc did the trick. I'm getting 10 audio tracks now no problem with performance meter barely touching 30 per cent. Excellent stuff. Thanks again.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online