SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38117 - 04/02/01 11:48 PM Portability (Digital recorder) Plus Computer software
Van Johnson Offline

Loc: Racine, Ohio USA
I want a digital recorder so I can go out and record live (4 to 6 tracks simultaneous)then interface with my computer to use my Antares Mic Modeler, CUBASE VST32,etc.......
I also have a Kurweil K2vx (SCSI)and Digitech
midi vocalist.A CD burner in my computer. ??? Tascam 788, Fostex VF-16,Korg D-12,??????? I' don't know which way to go.
Can I record a Waveform take it to my computer make changes then Burn it???????????

#38118 - 04/03/01 11:26 AM Re: Portability (Digital recorder) Plus Computer software
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
There has been alot of trouble with the 788's here in Philly, at least. The Korg has been a solid performer, and the Fostex sure looks good on paper - it's cheap too. I like the MD recorders for "field" recording. Take a small mixer and a portable MD, then transfer at home - it's painless.

#38119 - 04/03/01 11:27 AM Re: Portability (Digital recorder) Plus Computer software
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OOps! Forgot you said you wanted 4-6 tracks at once. Gotta still consider the MD mutitrax, then.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online