SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#38024 - 04/16/00 04:41 PM Need good monitors
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey all I have a Korg Triton and need a good sound source for it and recording. What do you reccomend?

I play progresive, techno, alt. country

Thanks for any advice!!!!

#38025 - 04/16/00 08:51 PM Re: Need good monitors
wchoy Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
>>For foldback (listening to yourself), any old reputable brand-name monitor should do but don't forget to use your ears for good judgement. If you are considering a pair of monitors for use as part of a studio mixing set-up, then you should consider going for an industry-standard set like a pair of Yamaha NS10Ms. You want to set them up along an equilateral triangle with your ears so that you can hear every frequency whilst monitoring a mix (when you do get to that crucial mixing stage). Also make sure that your room has a lot of absorptive padding along the walls, junkfood and hot coffee...
Hope this helps.

WINN

#38026 - 04/17/00 05:36 AM Re: Need good monitors
r_yuda1 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Arvon45:
Hey all I have a Korg Triton and need a good sound source for it and recording. What do you reccomend?

I play progresive, techno, alt. country

Thanks for any advice!!!!

I don't know about the Yamaha's or equalateral triangles, but I do know the Roland DS-90's are incredible...........and if you have em set up right, it will sound like the music is coming from directly over your head.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online