SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#37814 - 08/27/99 03:57 PM D8
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Any Info? I'm recording / mixing through my Korg D8. I don't have a computer yet but I'm thinking of getting one (used) to dedicate strictly to music. My question(s): Would a second hand 486 be sufficient, again, this unit would only be for use as a DAW. Also what type if files are created if & when I eventually mixdown from my D8 through a computer. What is the default extension. Has anyone out there successfully done this, and if so how was it?
Thanx in Advance

#37815 - 08/28/99 01:56 PM Re: D8
Gmac2000 Offline

Loc: Southampton, Hants UK
I presume you wish to master your D8's output into 2-track stereo on your PC's hard drive. A 486 would do the job, just about, but I would advise you have at least a 200Mhz processor, not necessarily a Pentium. Also, splashing out on as large a hard drive as you can afford is a must. You should be able to create .wav files easily, and there's some excellent freeware/shareware around on the 'net to help you turn these into, say MP3s. Quite what you intend to do with these files next you don't state, but I presume you would eventually burn them onto CD. Good luck.

#37816 - 09/03/99 01:27 PM Re: D8
Leon Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Thanx for the response. Reason I was trying to keep it to a used 486 was the cost. I'm not sure what has less value...the Canadian dollar or any Roland keyboard. Seriously though.. I appreciate your advice.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online