Hi everybody! I'm an absolutely newbie on this forum and I apologize in advance for my (poor) english... I read some topics and posts on this site and I note that the level of discussions is pretty high, so I think (hope) that this is the right place to find some help for me, too

THE PROBLEM: I need to work with my SD1 and a MIDI sequencer on a Macintosh PowerBook G4...
I'm friendly with MIDI protocol: I worked with MOTU Performer and MIDI Time Piece and a variety of synthesizers and sound modules for many years, but now I got a big confusion in my mind...

THE FACTS: I buy a Midiman 1in/1out MIDI interface, then I download a number of MIDI sequencers' demos from the web and try to work with it... What I need is to play my SD1 and record in real time all what I'm doing (included program changes, styles, with fill-ins, arrange, etc., and on separate channels) on a good MIDI sequencer; then edit, add/delete notes, quantize, overdub, change sounds, add singles drum sounds and/or create a totally independent rhythm or bass line on the sequencer, in five words "all usual MIDI sequencer stuff" (using SD1 as master keyboard) and finally play and/or save my work on SD1... So I try, I try, I try but, no way: I don't understand how to do it!!! And, sincerely, owner's manual doesn't help me...

THE S.O.S.: I can't believe that a masterpiece like SD1 can't do it: can someone suggest some idea, software, hardware, how-to-do-it, tips... Any help will be hugely appreciated!

Thank you in advance and Good Music!

Bicius

[This message has been edited by Bicius (edited 03-22-2003).]