Greetings again Everyone,

In an earlier post, I ask about what you Professional Players were using for your PA system. Unfortunately, I didn't get much response.

I enjoy this forum and like to share idea's and opinions about anything that pertains to the MUSIC we play.

Obviously your Keyboards and Vocals are only as good as your PA System sounds. I personally want ONLY the best sound I can achieve for my audience.

I am a BIG FAN of Electro Voice Speakers.

I just wanted to share my recent discovery in finding a Awesome combination of speakers for a Great sounding PA.

I recently purchased 2 EV ZX1's to use as monitors. My mains consisted of 2 EV IForce 18's for the Subs and 2 EV ZX4's for the mains. I felt this was a great sounding system and have not had any problems with EV quality. However, in some venues the system sounded a little muddy and I really had to tweak the EQ's to try to clean up the sound.

I was so impressed with ZX1's as monitors, I tried replacing the ZX4's ( 15 inch speaker & Horn ) with the Zx1's ( 8 inch speaker with horn ).

I was Blown Away by the Crisp Clarity those little 8's produced. The keyboards and Vocals came ALIVE with incredible Mid's and High's and a clarity I've only dreamed of producing on stage.

For Venues up to 300 people this setup really is Awesome.

I would have never dreamed of replacing a 15 inch cab with an 8 inch for the Mains. Only by curiosity did I try it.

I am so impressed with the ZX1's, I just ordered two more to use as our monitors. They produce 200 watts RMS and 800 peak. So far, coupled with Subs its all the SPL we need to fill our Venues with plenty of Volume. Even the complaints about our volume have stopped.

I have happily discovered that bigger isn't always better.

I would highly recommend that any of you that are not happy with your PA System, check out that little ZX1. What a great addition or replacement to any PA setup. However you do need to use Subs with them. An 8 inch speaker just doesn't produce much Bass! But the Mids and Highs are outstanding!

Oh, by the way, the Speaker weighs 17 pounds. smile

Jim