I have a big problem:
Ketron doesn't want, i think to make avaible a SD-1 with Oriental sounds and style from another Ketron Oriental Products, because, perhaps, they want to sell X1 Oriental and VEGA.??

After 2 years of promesses and wait... It's time to Action.

SomeOne In the net have sampled the X1 Oriental kit note by note in 82 wav files.

I have also the Patterns from this machine...

But in the SD1 this sound horrible without the oriental kit.

Ok wanted to create the X1 Oriental drum kit in the SD1. I work on it 10-15 hours and let me explain to you somethings...

HOW TO MAKE A NEW DRUM MACHINE :

I had 82 .wav files... it's seem to be dificult.

1) I transfer all wav files in the folder or sounds with ketronft.
2) when i try to make a new msp with this wav files, if I leave the key after the end of the sound, there is a horrible treble sound !! after more search, I undersood that my wav files was in STEREO and the SD1 doesn't love STERO wav files. As, I load into the sampler wav files, one by one, and resave it (the sampler can read stereo files, and can save it as mono file to reuse it in the msp editor)

Now what can I do with 82 wav files.
I do a new msp, i see the limit '15' and i change it to 62, I try to insert one file , two file ... and i see that the limit is now 15 again... a bug?

Ok I redo a new msp, i make the limit to '62' and i insert 62 files in one shot, ok its good!!

Now when I press a key, all drum sounds are playing together )

I assign one sample by one to the good note (sample1.wav from C0 to C0... (*62)), and the tone to FIXED (its a drum sound)

QUESTIONS TO AJ:
*Are there specific functions for drum sounds :
When i hit a key for a crash cymbal (for exemple) the sound play even if I let the key off. I find a solution but it's boring.
for each sample, I change the REALASE time to 64 (max)...

* there is a function for example I play the open hi hat, and when i play the closed, it shut the first sound. Where can I edit this for my kit?

Now the Msp is good, I save it with the Name ORIENT01.msp

I load it into RAM

I try to EDIT DRUM... to do a Kit usable by patterns.

for each note in the kit, i assign a wav file of the MSP loaded. Ok it's good but... it can read only the first 31 sounds!!!!!!! desacording to what the manual said!!
31 of 82 sounds... its bad...

Ok! I found a solution :
I deleted all my work )
I do 3 Msp files called ORIENT01.msp ORIENT02.msp ORIENT03.msp
In first one, 32 files, in the second 32 and in the third 18.
I redo all what I said beafore... in each msp.
I create an instrument block and i call it ORIENT00.INS with this 3 msp files

I am very happy that when I load the ORIENT00.INS instrument, I can play it in all the keyboard! the 82 notes!!! Why?? I dont know... There is any documentation??

If the name of the kit is ORIENT00, the kit is loaded at startup. But I prefer not doing that, if one day, in a party my SD1 shut down, I don't want to wait until the kit loaded...

And I have another surprise, I can assign in the new kit, wav file from the 3 msp loaded in memory!!

I have a good kestion to AJ

WHY THE WAV FILES TAKES 3 MB IN THE HARD DRIVE, AND MORE THAN 10 MB IN THE RAM???

It's a good beginning )
please read all with attention, and if someone wants to help me in all directions, and wants i share my work...

Thanks to all to read me
vive la france )

Dan
https://www.varranger.com