There seems to be some confusion as to the the correct way to recieve support when purchasing a ketron instrument. There is a procedure in place to receive support. Its simple and effective.

First of all it is worth mentioning that at least two thirds of all technical requests made are simply not necessary. We have found the information is readily available in the the manuals and guides. Often, all we do at Ketron UK is quote the relevant page from the manual to the customer. All Ketron Owners Manuals are on the main website at www.ketron.it.

However sometimes matters arise that require further assistance.

NEW INSTRUMENTS.

When purchasing a new product through a retailer, either online or at a showroom.

If you have an issue with your Ketron Instrument, whether its an operational question or a suspected software problem you should first speak to your retailer. It is the retailers responsibility to look after you, their customer.

However if your supplier (the retailer) cannot answer your question the following happens:
The retailer will contact the local Official Ketron Distributor for assistance and relay any information to you, the customer. In some cases the Distributor may contact you directly to assist.

If the Distributor does not know the answer they will contact the factory directly, this information will be relayed back to you via your retailer.

What happens if I do not hear back from the retailer?
If your retailer refuses/fails to assist you, you should speak to your countries Official Ketron Distributor. You can find a list here: https://www.ketron.it/en/2015-02-11-09-58-35

What if the distributor does not respond?
If you have telephoned the distributor and they do not respond, you should make an official complaint to Ketron Italy who will contact the distributor to arrange for your case to be looked at.

What will happen if I just email Ketron Italy for support.
Ketron Italy forward any requests for support to your local distributor. Note: Attempting to circumvent your retailer and distributor only slows down the support process.

When purchasing a new product directly from an official Ketron Distributor

If you have an issue with your Ketron Instrument, whether its an operational question or a suspected software problem you should first speak to your supplier (the distributor), it is their responsibility to look after you.

If the Distributor does not know the answer they will contact the factory directly, this information will be relayed back to you via your retailer.

What if my distributor does not respond?
You can make an official complaint to Ketron Italy who will contact your Distributor to arrange for your case to be looked at.

What will happen if I just email Ketron Italy for support.
Ketron Italy forward any requests for support to your distributor.

Used Instruments purchased through a retailer.

It is the retailers responsibility to support you. However if they are unable/refuse to assist, you should contact your local distributor for assistance. As before, contacting the factory directly will simply result in the email being forwarded to the distributor. A waist of everyone's time.

Used Instruments purchased privately.

If you have purchased a second hand Solton/Ketron product privately, the same principles apply. Trying to get support directly from the factory will result in your request being forwarded to your local distributor, so it makes sense that you contact them first of all. If they can help, they obviously will depending on the age of the instrument.

A Commonly Asked Question

Q: I am in the UK but bought my Ketron from a European website as it was a little cheaper, can you give me support?
A: Possibly. As you own a grey import your warranty and support package is with the retailer you purchased the instruments from and by extension the distributor they purchased the item from. You should contact your retailer for assistance.