SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32765 - 12/15/99 10:18 AM X1: Timing Resolution (song & style pattern record)?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi all,

I had a chance to play the Solton X1 at a local music store recently and I was very impressed by the great accompaniment styles. The drum fills had a lot of punch & realism. It felt like I was playing with a "live drummer". I am thinking that the styles sound great not only because of the quality sounds and the recording of them "live" by real musicians, but that it was possibly recorded using a high sequencer "timing resolution" (ppq) which is able to capture and preserve the original "live" performance more accurately.

I posted a topic a couple of days ago -see below topic entitled:
"Sequencer Resolution 'ppq' Question (song/auto accomp style recording)" to find out if anybody could tell me what the sequencer "timing resolution"
(in "ppq": parts per quarter note) is on the Solton X1 and the Yamaha PSR9000 as well as other brand/model arranger keyboards.

I was quite surprised not to receive any responses from X1 owners considering the number of X1 owners on this site. Is the X1's sequencer "timing resolution (ppq)" not given in the X1 manual or shown in the song-style pattern recording settings screen page (quantize OFF:ppq value) on the X1 keyboard itself?

Hope to get some feedback from Uncle Dave, George Kaye, Don M, Fran Carango or other X1 owners on this.

Thanks,

- Scott

#32766 - 12/15/99 05:48 PM Re: X1: Timing Resolution (song & style pattern record)?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott , The reason nobody responded to your question, WE DON"T KNOW. My guess would be 120 resolution[that is were the Italian competition are at]..What ever it is, it is enough to sequence smoothly...Fran

#32767 - 12/15/99 06:16 PM Re: X1: Timing Resolution (song & style pattern record)?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
ok Fran,

I hear you. I guess you guys really DON't KNOW.

I had just assumed that 'Sequencer Timing Resolution' ppq specs would have been included in the X1's owner's manual 'specification chart'.
I guess that isn't the case.

- Scott

#32768 - 12/16/99 12:36 AM Re: X1: Timing Resolution (song & style pattern record)?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The owner's maual is the weakest part of the package. It does not say what the resolution is. Maybe somebody that uses the sequencer a lot can tell you.
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online