SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#360176 - 02/02/13 09:31 PM ketron coming soon?
baz66 Offline

Loc: Australia E coast
The purchase of a audya is looking good and a dealer has given me a firm price. In the meantime, I have been distracted by the Roland fantom g6.
It seems to be also very good and I would save $400. However, it looks more complicated than the audya and with less sounds and styles?
Listening on YouTube is not really telling me that one is better than the other. The g6 has a sequencer(not that I need one) There is nothing in the audya manual about same.
The Roland has a flashy screen and the audya a lot less info but has display options.
I thought that the styles of the audya were slightly better and more fuller.(sometimes too much)
The Roland has more add-ons and this would be a problem cause I absolutely have to have everything. I'm not really asking for advice. Just interested in what others think.
baz

#360177 - 02/02/13 10:00 PM Re: ketron coming soon? [Re: baz66]
Pearlss1977 Offline

Loc: Ocean County, New Jersey
Hey Baz

Not trying to give u advice but since u mentioned styles i hope ur aware that the Audya is an arranger while the Roland is a workstation with NO STYLES.

David

#360186 - 02/03/13 02:02 AM Re: ketron coming soon? [Re: baz66]
baz66 Offline

Thank you David. I sure did miss that. I should have realised but I didn't. That puts it out of my mind entirely.
baz

#360187 - 02/03/13 02:02 AM Re: ketron coming soon? [Re: baz66]
Tonewheeldude Offline

David is correct, they are totally different animals, the Audya is a Performance instrument for real time arrangement of music in live situations or for pure playing pleasure, The G6 is a powerful standalone workstation, you could produce a film score right there on the instrument but if you wanted to simply sit down and play a, it would be tricky. (unless your a Pianist)

Both can be used as a crossover and I have a friend with an Audya who uses it to produce music for Films and West End productions. So it can be done (with an external sequencer though)

#360191 - 02/03/13 02:27 AM Re: ketron coming soon? [Re: Pearlss1977]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks for pointing that out David. They are very different keyboards.

#360197 - 02/03/13 04:13 AM Re: ketron coming soon? [Re: baz66]
baz66 Offline

Thank you. I can afford the ketron as soon as I sell my boat. Anyone need a boat?
To be truthful, I'm a fiddler and I don't mean violins. I love buttons. Gimme more buttons and I'm happy. I also fiddle with styles to make songs...Well' different!
I'm also very lazy I annoy my wife by playing loud so she'll go away but she loves me too much. Isn't life grand. Ketron here we come.
baz

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online