SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#355723 - 12/02/12 07:34 PM Transferring styles from computer to Audya
gruhs Offline

Loc: Indiana USA
I have a memory stick I've been using to transfer midis and patterns from my computer to my Audya synth for some time but recently it won't let me put anything on it from the computer and I get this message:

"The root of drive E:\ is formatted with the FAT file system can only hold a limited number of items. Store the items in a subfolder, or reformat using the NTFS system"

The stick is only about 10% full and I haven't done anything to it that would cause it
to not work.

Any ideas?

#355725 - 12/02/12 08:09 PM Re: Transferring styles from computer to Audya [Re: gruhs]
gruhs Offline

me again... I figured out how to format it in NTFS (took everything off first then formatted and put stuff back on it...
works again :-)

#355781 - 12/03/12 03:14 PM Re: Transferring styles from computer to Audya [Re: gruhs]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi gruhs,

FAT usually can hold a maximum of 255 files each folder or in root.

So if you had created folders like

"A-C"
"D-F"

and so on you cold have stored more files to the stick wink

A file must not be longer than 4 GB ( ok, midis are very small in raltion to 4 GB laugh )

#355789 - 12/03/12 05:27 PM Re: Transferring styles from computer to Audya [Re: gruhs]
gruhs Offline

Originally Posted By: gruhs
me again... I figured out how to format it in NTFS (took everything off first then formatted and put stuff back on it...
works again :-)

Update...Audya wouldn't accept anything on the stick while it was formatted NTFS so I had to re-format again only in FAT this time then the styles went back on and worked again in Audya...
just info.

Snoopy... what does "in root" mean in your post?

#355870 - 12/05/12 02:27 AM Re: Transferring styles from computer to Audya [Re: gruhs]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi,

"In root" means in the main directory.

Examples ( let "F:" be the driveletter ):

F:\ = root

F:\Folder1\ = subfolder

F:\Folder1\Folder1a\ = sub-subfolder

Edited by Snoopy (12/05/12 02:28 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online