SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#351169 - 09/15/12 06:04 AM USB on Audya
Dusan Offline

Loc: Slovenija
What is the problem?
When I haw conect my Audya to PC and insert an USB stick,then Audya drasticly slow dowen.Its inpasable to coppy or send some file from Audya HD to USB stick.

That problem exsist from begining when my instrument was new.Two times I send Audya to Ketron factory but with no result.Ketroners simple dont solve that problem.Cant anderstant that ignorance and just gues what Guys from Ketron UK mean about.Can they solve that???

Enybody haw the seme situation?Just try....

#351171 - 09/15/12 07:40 AM Re: USB on Audya [Re: Dusan]
Tonewheeldude Offline

never heard of this. does it happen when connected to your computer too?

#351173 - 09/15/12 08:04 AM Re: USB on Audya [Re: Dusan]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Dusan,

I must admit that I also donŽt understand what youŽre talking about.

IŽll write what I understand :

1. You connected your Audy via USB to your PC. OK.
2. Then you inserted an USB-Stick into your Audya ? Why ?

You wonŽt have access to your stick, because youŽll only see "USB-Modus" on the Audyas screen.

???

#351174 - 09/15/12 08:45 AM Re: USB on Audya [Re: Snoopy]
Dusan Offline

Originally Posted By: Snoopy
Hi Dusan,

I must admit that I also donŽt understand what youŽre talking about.

IŽll write what I understand :

1. You connected your Audy via USB to your PC. OK.
2. Then you inserted an USB-Stick into your Audya ? Why ?

You wonŽt have access to your stick, because youŽll only see "USB-Modus" on the Audyas screen.

???

No Snoopy,

Audya is conected to PC in case when I run my PC sequencer(Sonar) and Audya is in that case sound module.All sounds from PC Sequencer I route thru Audya.
Now,If I want to coppy some file from Audya HD to USB stick in that position,simply cant cos Audya slow dawn and everything looks like frozen if I insert USB stick.No one button dont work.

Snoopy,for that kinde of setings and conection in Menu... MIDI...Utility...USB midi is in ON position.

Just conect your Audya to PC (not in USB Modus) and insert USB stick in front USB socket.Then try to coppy some file from Audya HD to stick.
Like to know if I am only one who has a problems.

Edited by Dusan (09/15/12 08:52 AM)

#351180 - 09/15/12 11:44 AM Re: USB on Audya [Re: Dusan]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Ok Dusan,

now I understand !

I am used to use the "midi"-connectors for that, not the usb-to-midi function.

But within the next few days IŽll give it a try and write my experience here wink

#351191 - 09/16/12 01:01 AM Re: USB on Audya [Re: Snoopy]
Dusan Offline

That will be great Snoopy,

All that time from when I recognize that problem I try to solve that, but with no lack.Even Ketron guys dont do mach.I am suspect about that cos I thing,Ketron instal some second hand parts in Audya for wery hight price....and that is baad,very baad.
In that time when Audya was be only on Ketron peaper plans ,on market exsist USB second generation.And they dont use them...

Edited by Dusan (09/16/12 01:16 AM)

#351193 - 09/16/12 01:12 AM Re: USB on Audya [Re: Dusan]
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Hi,

following doesn't help, but just as an information. I had similar problems when connecting a USB floppy drive. Using this I had a lot of problems with the sync of the Live drums in the styles. I could imagine that it has something to do with the power consumption of the USB devices. Within the manual you can read, that connected usb devices like HDs etc. shall have its own power consumption. As we all know, that USB sticks do not have their own power consumtion this at least should work. Connecting only USB sticks I have not problems

Joe

#351194 - 09/16/12 01:19 AM Re: USB on Audya [Re: Joe0710]
Dusan Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe0710
Hi,

following doesn't help, but just as an information. I had similar problems when connecting a USB floppy drive. Using this I had a lot of problems with the sync of the Live drums in the styles. I could imagine that it has something to do with the power consumption of the USB devices. Within the manual you can read, that connected usb devices like HDs etc. shall have its own power consumption. As we all know, that USB sticks do not have their own power consumtion this at least should work. Connecting only USB sticks I have not problems

Joe

Joe,

do you try to operate with USB stick in your case?

#351201 - 09/16/12 03:19 AM Re: USB on Audya [Re: Dusan]
Tonewheeldude Offline

In the UK we always recommend that only one USB socket is used at a time.

The front and rear USB sockets are not as separate as they appear and all share the same 5v rail on the CPU board (the front sockets are connected via a cable just behind the rear port.)

I have not tried your particular setup Dusan, but I can understand why it might cause a problem, not only do they share the same 5v line, but I believe they also share bandwidth with priority of transfer rate given to the rear port....but not 100% certain of this.

#351202 - 09/16/12 04:12 AM Re: USB on Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Dusan Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
In the UK we always recommend that only one USB socket is used at a time.

The front and rear USB sockets are not as separate as they appear and all share the same 5v rail on the CPU board (the front sockets are connected via a cable just behind the rear port.)

I have not tried your particular setup Dusan, but I can understand why it might cause a problem, not only do they share the same 5v line, but I believe they also share bandwidth with priority of transfer rate given to the rear port....but not 100% certain of this.

Tone,
yes,I can anderstand you explanation cos you recomendet only one USB socket to use,but...(that BUT is allways in my posts...)

We all who purchase that extremly expensiv instrument haw a (say this "Right")to used both socket.In my case I dont perform with Audya on stage (for that I used my old Tyros and dont trust to Audya...) and my Audya is allways conected to PC.Cant anderstand that situation cos much chiper instrument work with this setings with no problem at all.
And on the end of story:whay then we nead thre USB socket cos we can used only one at the same time,and that is front left site socket...That is to much frustrated for me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online