SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#344769 - 05/15/12 05:28 AM Ketron Audya control with Apple Ipad: Regs & lyric
Franconia Offline

Hello,
the German distributor for Audya keyboards developed a great app, called songbook+ that can be downloaded at the appstore.
When you choose a reg at the Audya, the right pdf sheets comes up at the ipad, it is also possible to choose the lyrics/partitions sheet on the ipad and the audya will choose the right reg. Description can be found in German:
http://www.musixx-ketron.de/upload/Anleitung%20AUDYA%20Songbook.pdf
Have fun,
Franconia

#344776 - 05/15/12 09:19 AM Re: Ketron Audya control with Apple Ipad: Regs & lyric [Re: Franconia]
vin5451 Offline

Loc: Wellington, Fl USA
Been trying to figure if this could be done by calling registrations from an iPad but couldn't find any info on the messages to be sent in the manual I found. This is good news that yes it can be done similarly as UnRealBook for the iPad can but just getting the message correct.

Is there any english translation on this page??

I'm at work and can't go to this site right now but will check this out.

#344777 - 05/15/12 09:39 AM Re: Ketron Audya control with Apple Ipad: Regs & lyric [Re: vin5451]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi,

have a look at :

http://www.baum-software.ch/manzoocms/english.html

Itīs the homepage of the developer wink

In the German language-pdf only page 3 is of interest for configuring the Audya, I think the pictures are self-explanatory.

( MIDI-Setups for RX and TX of the registrations have to be set to CH 16. ) Donīt forget the "save" wink

Edited by Snoopy (05/15/12 09:43 AM)

#344797 - 05/15/12 04:45 PM Re: Ketron Audya control with Apple Ipad: Regs & lyric [Re: Franconia]
vin5451 Offline

Thanks but pics don't help me since I can't see them. Looked at the site and it's all very interesting. Would like to know why this program is so much as apposed to UnReal Book which basically does the same as long as you put the sysex or program change events in a MIDI file named the same as the name of the PDF or TXT file you wish to open and setup. The one thing which this one does as to what UnRealBook does not is the reverse from keyboard to app to open the pdf or txt file.

Well at least someone is working with the board I have now until I get an Audya (if I ever sell my T3).

What I've been looking for is the Sysex or PC and CC to call registrations from an external device. This would help if it wasn't in German.

Can anyone point it out in the Audya manual? I read through the MIDI implementation but can't find that info anywhere (calling registrations from external MIDI). I already have this from a program for the PC which will control T3 or any PSR - sends SYSEX to it to call up MusicFinder DB entries and send tempo, style, etc...

This is what I want to do for T3 from iPad but also want to do same to registrations on Audya (if I can ever get one).

Best, Vince

#344805 - 05/16/12 01:44 AM Re: Ketron Audya control with Apple Ipad: Regs & lyric [Re: vin5451]
Snoopy Offline

Hi Vince,

I just tried it with my Audya5 connected to an Android-Tablet.

My Audya is set to send and receive registration-Infos on MIDI-Ch 16.

Itīs mandatory that your registrations are NUMBERED !

Following Messages are sent to the tablet :

Controller 0 ( Bank select MSB ), Value 0
Program Change ( Registration number )

So, if you want to change to Registration 0127 :

BankSelect MSB 0
ProgramChange 127

If you want to change to 0128 :

BankSelect MSB 0
PrgChange 128 0

If you want to change to 0129 :

BankSelect MSB 1
PrgCHange 1

And so on...

Edited by Snoopy (05/16/12 01:54 AM)

#344815 - 05/16/12 06:50 AM Re: Ketron Audya control with Apple Ipad: Regs & lyric [Re: Franconia]
vin5451 Offline

Thanks Snoopy,
Perfect...that is exactly what I was hoping since registrations are more fine tuned to the way you want the keyboard to sound rather than just selecting style, tempo, etc. Now to get that T3 sold and get my hands on an Audya 4 since I'd controll it from my Motif XS7.

#344820 - 05/16/12 08:57 AM Re: Ketron Audya control with Apple Ipad: Regs & lyric [Re: Franconia]
BobbyP Offline

Loc: Lanarkshire
Anyone know how to batch convert txt to pdf . One at a time in Word would take forever

#344824 - 05/16/12 09:38 AM Re: Ketron Audya control with Apple Ipad: Regs & lyric [Re: BobbyP]
Snoopy Offline

Hi Bobby,

have a look at :

http://www.pdfzilla.com/quick-pdf-maker.html

I just did a "quick read", but it should work wink

#344827 - 05/16/12 10:09 AM Re: Ketron Audya control with Apple Ipad: Regs & lyric [Re: Snoopy]
BobbyP Offline

Loc: Lanarkshire
thanks Snoopy

#346560 - 07/08/12 04:22 AM Re: Ketron Audya control with Apple Ipad: Regs & lyric [Re: Snoopy]
vin5451 Offline

Originally Posted By: Snoopy
Hi Vince,

I just tried it with my Audya5 connected to an Android-Tablet.

My Audya is set to send and receive registration-Infos on MIDI-Ch 16.

Itīs mandatory that your registrations are NUMBERED !

Following Messages are sent to the tablet :

Controller 0 ( Bank select MSB ), Value 0
Program Change ( Registration number )

So, if you want to change to Registration 0127 :

BankSelect MSB 0
ProgramChange 127

If you want to change to 0128 :

BankSelect MSB 0
PrgChange 128 0

If you want to change to 0129 :

BankSelect MSB 1
PrgCHange 1

And so on...

Snoopy and others,

Looks like my T3 is selling and have an opportunity to purchase a used Audya 4 but not sure if this method will work with the module since the main MIDI In is already taken up with the controller connection. Will the second MIDI In accept these messages? Questioning since I read the second In is for sequencer connection.

Also, read about the new 2012 styles available which is great but is there any registrations for specific songs out there which anyone can share - POP, Ballads, Rock, Blues, Jazz, etc...?

Thanks,
Vince

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online