SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#343649 - 04/14/12 06:34 PM Can we have a Music Finder for Audya
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
You know one thing that I always wished the Audya posessed was a music finder same as Yamaha and Korg. Shurely the OS lends itself with all of the registration memories and so on for this feature. I do believe this OS is still way under developed, and could have many more things that would make it greater, and a better value for a product.

What do you think? is it possible or could a group of us design a registration memory to do a similar function, istead of slow balad, why not "Yesterday" that sort of thing
I want this from Ketron
2 choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 04/14/12 06:33 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#343661 - 04/15/12 04:01 AM Re: Can we have a Music Finder for Audya [Re: Robbo]
Tonewheeldude Offline

It doesn't interest me personally because I set up my Audya exactly how I want it. I believe anyone using an audya professionally should do the same.

Basically this is how I setup my Audya 5:

1) Deleted all user styles and added only the ones I use (including many modified styles and ones created using style view.)

2) Create USER VOICE LISTS. Some are song names others just styles of play. Many of my user voice list sounds are from the PROGRAM section which has my own modified sounds.

3) Link my USER VOICE LISTS to my various USER STYLES so they load when selecting the style

4) create registrations that link to a USER STYLE which in turn loads a USER VOICE LIST.

So basically when I select one of my styles it automatically brings up 10 voices on the screen that I will use with that particular style. Or I load a registration (sometimes I have two or three for a particular song because I am not a good enough player to change lots of things at the same time as playing the keys!).

I don't believe its possible to do this kind of deep level programming on any other board is it? For me this is not what I would call unfinished. But I know what you are getting at, Ketron Italy could have done some examples. But the Programs are fully done (and there are some very nice sounds in there) and there are a few nice downloadable basic registrations for those who do not want to do it themselves.

#343675 - 04/15/12 01:02 PM Re: Can we have a Music Finder for Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
It doesn't interest me personally because I set up my Audya exactly how I want it. I believe anyone using an audya professionally should do the same.

Basically this is how I setup my Audya 5:

1) Deleted all user styles and added only the ones I use (including many modified styles and ones created using style view.)

2) Create USER VOICE LISTS. Some are song names others just styles of play. Many of my user voice list sounds are from the PROGRAM section which has my own modified sounds.

3) Link my USER VOICE LISTS to my various USER STYLES so they load when selecting the style

4) create registrations that link to a USER STYLE which in turn loads a USER VOICE LIST.

So basically when I select one of my styles it automatically brings up 10 voices on the screen that I will use with that particular style. Or I load a registration (sometimes I have two or three for a particular song because I am not a good enough player to change lots of things at the same time as playing the keys!).

I don't believe its possible to do this kind of deep level programming on any other board is it? For me this is not what I would call unfinished. But I know what you are getting at, Ketron Italy could have done some examples. But the Programs are fully done (and there are some very nice sounds in there) and there are a few nice downloadable basic registrations for those who do not want to do it themselves.

You can do that in any Korg Arranger and more, much more.
Deep level programing in an Audya?

#343691 - 04/15/12 06:36 PM Re: Can we have a Music Finder for Audya [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Hi TWD. I'm sure that a lot of us are doing what you are. But as in Yamaha and Korg music finders, it makes it easier to locate a style that is partially or fully applicable to the song, and then importantly change it to suit or fine tuning to comit to a registration to get what you are wanting. I'm sure that it's not that hard to do? All Ketron would have to, maybe in connection with the community is write Registrations using song names instead of style and so on. Nothing changes the OS, unless they wan't to do that! and instead of going to Audya Music Finder, just load the registrations, simple really. I think far better muso's than some of us are, know and amend styles to suit the correct backings than just me. Simple really, and could be surprising.

Robbo Australia

#343712 - 04/16/12 11:12 AM Re: Can we have a Music Finder for Audya [Re: Robbo]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Darren,

I agree that "professionals" work the way you do.

But for "non-profs" ( or "just home-players" ) it would be a "nice help".

When I had my Tyros 1 the built in musicfinder inspired me to try some things / songs I would never have thought of.

So I see a good musicfinder as an INSPIRATION-help.

I remember hardly, but didnīt exist a list of registries for a few hundred songs for earlyer Audya OS-Versions ?

#343718 - 04/16/12 03:01 PM Re: Can we have a Music Finder for Audya [Re: Robbo]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
With all humility, I have been around enough years to know the proper beat for thousands of songs. The problem with me is that I can't recall many of the songs I may want to try without a memory jogger.

I have tried to listen to a style and bring to mind songs. That partially works, and I have reversed the process by thinking of a song and trying different styles. That works partially as well.

For me, a song finder is a sketch pad and I miss it for that reason.

Bernie

#344161 - 04/28/12 06:41 AM Re: Can we have a Music Finder for Audya [Re: Robbo]
vin5451 Offline

Loc: Wellington, Fl USA
Although not an Audya owner at this time, I agree with Bernie. A Music Finder helps trigger that memory and aids in songs I might want to play.

On the other hand having Registrations setup for some popular songs out of the box is helpful too if they have some naming which indicates what it might have setups for. We know it's difficult to use actual song titles out of the box due to copyright laws, but in many cases users have spent time on the other boards and made those changes available.

Either way would be fine if I were an owner but I would point more towards the Registration aspect since it can have deeper settings and can be modified to the player's liking.

#344329 - 05/02/12 09:43 AM Re: Can we have a Music Finder for Audya [Re: vin5451]
kharri Offline

I'm a beginning guitar player and bought the Audya for backing. I would find it very useful to have a music finder.

I found one that runs under Windows and you can get the Yamaha database, then try to match a similar style, but a Ketron one would be much nicer.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online