SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#35338 - 05/23/10 11:20 AM Please List The Top 5 Problems With The Audya.
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Hi Audya Owners:

I am trying to see if we can get some help from Ketron with our problems.

I emailed Robert Messier and told him about the problems we are all having.

He wants a list of the top 5 complaints and he will see if he can be of some help getting some answers from Ketron. Although he said he can't promise anything.

I thanked him for at least trying for us.

I feel bad for all the unhappy Audya owners here and felt compelled to try something.

Tony: Your thoughts on pursuing this through Robert.

I think it's worth a shot!

Let's get the list together so I can send it to him.

Thanks.

Jim R.

#35339 - 05/23/10 11:28 AM Re: Please List The Top 5 Problems With The Audya.
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NiteLife:
Hi Audya Owners:

I am trying to see if we can get some help from Ketron with our problems.

I emailed Robert Messier and told him about the problems we are all having.

He wants a list of the top 5 complaints and he will see if he can be of some help getting some answers from Ketron. Although he said he can't promise anything.

I thanked him for at least trying for us.

I feel bad for all the unhappy Audya owners here and felt compelled to try something.

Tony: Your thoughts on pursuing this through Robert.

I think it's worth a shot!

Let's get the list together so I can send it to him.

Thanks.

Jim R.

Jim,

I have no problem with that I have met Robert and he is one hell of a nice chap, I am not certain how he can help, I think all the buttons are been pressed at Ketron IT, I think Robert does demos for them and writes software for styles, I don't think he is technical. BTW Jim what was your problem with your Auyda, I can't remember.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35340 - 05/23/10 12:21 PM Re: Please List The Top 5 Problems With The Audya.
Joe0710 Offline

Loc: South Germany
Jim,

from my point of view it is not the problem with the Audya we have, it is the problem with Ketron we have. Certainly, there are some problems with the Audya, especially that it was released too early with a lot of bugs. At this point I will take up the cudgels for the developers, sometimes, especially if you working with new technologies, the effort for SW development can be completely underestimated. But at that point I, as a loyal Ketron customer, expect from Ketron to act professional with a adequate support. My main problems:

1) Support
----------

Very poor customer support, e.g. E-Mails getting not be answered (I've got never ever any answer on a request sent directly to Ketron)

2) Unreliability
----------------

We are now again nearly 8 weeks after Musikmesse, where is the rest of OS4? - please no excuses that we have OS4

3) Information policy
---------------------

Support people, currently the only voice to the customers (probably not on the payroll of Ketron) are not properly informed from Ketron of what is going on. There is a lot of misinformation around

4) The Customer
---------------

At Ketron, the Customer is not the King, the customer seems to be annoying!

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe0710 (edited 05-23-2010).]

#35341 - 05/23/10 12:24 PM Re: Please List The Top 5 Problems With The Audya.
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Tony: Problems with the Left Channel Audio out. Sometimes have to re-boot 4 to 6 times before it's there.

Other than that, the KB plays fine.

Jim

#35342 - 05/23/10 01:03 PM Re: Please List The Top 5 Problems With The Audya.
skude Offline

Thanks for helping!!!!!!
My Audya problems
Sound from "count in" tick drops out.
Vocalizer somtimes drops out.
Sound from both outputs/headphones drops out,same time light in exitbutton is on.
Int.Phase error message sometimes pops up during loading. Most of the time (not always) KB working ok after restarting one or more times. But "count in" can drop out, or be very weak, during playing.
Right hand sounds suddenly is lower than
normal. No use restarting.
Display sometimes flicking.
skude

#35343 - 05/23/10 01:24 PM Re: Please List The Top 5 Problems With The Audya.
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe0710:
Jim,

from my point of view it is not the problem with the Audya we have, it is the problem with Ketron we have. Certainly, there are some problems with the Audya, especially that it was released too early with a lot of bugs. At this point I will take up the cudgels for the developers, sometimes, especially if you working with new technologies, the effort for SW development can be completely underestimated. But at that point I, as a loyal Ketron customer, expect from Ketron to act professional with a adequate support. My main problems:

1) Support
----------

Very poor customer support, e.g. E-Mails getting not be answered (I've got never ever any answer on a request sent directly to Ketron)

2) Unreliability
----------------

We are now again nearly 8 weeks after Musikmesse, where is the rest of OS4? - please no excuses that we have OS4

3) Information policy

Joe,

It doesn't appear to be much to be complaining about but when you put it all together and the Audya is the most expensive KB on the market, this is a funny situation and could not happen in any other industry. There are other things surrounding Ketron that are not healthy, the margins on the KB are poor end dealers only making very small profit, dealers are not going to carry spare parts and therefore end users if they have a problem they are at the hands of Ketron, who are only interested in shipping boxes out the door. I don’t even thing they have a proper help line, my first email to them said, “I know I won’t get an answer from you because everyone else who has emailed hasn’t got an answer” and what do you think I got and answer. There is definitely a language problem at Ketron, ask them a technical question in English it may be detail and 20 lines long and you will get a garbled confusing answer in ten words. I don’t think whatever we do or say we will get satisfaction, there is other Ketron KB that never got finished. I bought a SD1 and before you could turn around there was the SD1+. There is a program on TV I had just been watching with Jeremy Clarkson you may have seen him, he is into cars, he was in Italy, he was interviewing a Italian professor and he said Italians are always late for meeting, sometimes days, sometimes they won’t turn up at all, he said they will never be slave to anything or anybody, it’s is us who are the slaves, we don’t frankly stand a chance, they are automaton in their behavior and totally ignore the views and the problems their customers have. Skude has written numerous times to Ketron, it would take someone ten minutes to box up one motherboard and one sound board and send them to him, they may then have a happy customer. What they should really do since he has paid £4200.00 for the thing his send him either a new one or an engineer. The way Ketron do business is flawed, if Samsung, Sony or any other manufacture carried on in this manner, they would have been out of business years ago. The real problem is not Ketron it’s us, I will never buy another stick from Ketron. The dealers have a responsibility too in this, they should replace faulty KBs in warranty, the problem is there are no dealers with new Audya in stock and there are sure as hell not going to send out a swap out for a faulty one, then they have to wrangle with Ketron to get it fixed, there not stupid, they didn’t even make any money on the sale, that’s their fault, sell produces with enough profit to be able to support the product. The other problem is Audya is not selling in big numbers yet there are on back order, someone is one day going to figure out what is going on. It’s obvious to me, and they aren’t going anywhere rapidly, other than downhill, everything they don’t do is a recipe for their termination. The quality of their great sounds and styles will pale into insignificants well before the company draws it’ last breath. Amen
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#35344 - 05/23/10 06:15 PM Re: Please List The Top 5 Problems With The Audya.
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Tony and all others agree with what you have said so far. We are slaves to Ketron, customer is last, and that's why I suggested that they should sell the technology they have to a developer and manufacturer who can do the job right to get out of;

1. a deepening financial crisis, if they haven't got one yet it's comming, and,

2, get this monkey off thier backs, they can't fix or say what the problem is, and the only inuendo was built on misinformation, like couldn't release the rest of OS4 because of size and so on.

So there is a real problem (we are not stupid as they obviously believe we are) I wont be buying an Audya, I'll be stuck with an SD3 that still has no upgrades, and this will be a lesson well learn't for future sake.
Shame really loved the concept, sounds and styles but they just couldn't get it together.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online