SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#34869 - 03/27/10 11:53 PM Audya update v4.0
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I have been an owner of a Ketron Audya for about a year now. I received one of the first batch that hit the US.

I've been anxiously awaiting the new V. 4.0 software that has been released with the Audya 4, and 5.

I'm beginning to have a sinking feeling in my stomach when I hear of a new sound card and memory expansion of 256 Meg for the latest Audya. Not because I'm unhappy about what the new OS will provide, but more worried about the cost and or the incovience of shipping my keyboard off to an authorized Ketron service center for upgrading. I'm very concerned about a possible factory authorized hardware upgrade to my older Audya in order to make it compatible with the new OS 4 and memory expansion.

I've already got 5K invested in this instrument and that's a great deal of money for a keyboard.

I've been frustrated, from the beginning, with Ketron's lack of support.

#34870 - 03/28/10 12:18 AM Re: Audya update v4.0
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by salsaman:
I have been an owner of a Ketron Audya for about a year now. I received one of the first batch that hit the US.

I've been anxiously awaiting the new V. 4.0 software that has been released with the Audya 4, and 5.

I'm beginning to have a sinking feeling in my stomach when I hear of a new sound card and memory expansion of 256 Meg for the latest Audya. Not because I'm unhappy about what the new OS will provide, but more worried about the cost and or the incovience of shipping my keyboard off to an authorized Ketron service center for upgrading. I'm very concerned about a possible factory authorized hardware upgrade to my older Audya in order to make it compatible with the new OS 4 and memory expansion.

I've already got 5K invested in this instrument and that's a great deal of money for a keyboard.

I've been frustrated, from the beginning, with Ketron's lack of support.

Salesman,

I have been attacked from all angles for saying what you have just said, so expect some flack. All you will get here is "You bought and Audya a year back your mad". We will keep trying.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#34871 - 03/28/10 12:23 AM Re: Audya update v4.0
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Lollllllzzzzzzz, look at Tony, he already called you or promoted you to SalesMan...lol.

#34872 - 03/28/10 12:47 AM Re: Audya update v4.0
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Lollllllzzzzzzz, look at Tony, he already called you or promoted you to SalesMan...lol.

Nedim,

You are right I got his name wrong, I got the message right though, loud and clear but that doesn't matter, we have at least found another Audya out there in the US of A.

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-28-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-28-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online