SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#33969 - 02/16/09 10:17 AM New Ketron AUDYA demos on Youtube!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47va-FkaXUA - In this example (as some people requested) AJ plays ONLY the Arranger - no lead/right hand. You can hear how the AUDIO and Midi parts intercat when playing C9, C11, Csus ...etc. Again this is the Arranger only (no Right hand parts added). To acheive this, in STYLE MODE (Chord mode) Setting for CHORDS and BASS must be set to NORMAL and not RETRIGGER (as Mr. Dave had it in his example, which is why the audio parts were going off the way his MP3 illustrated). AUDYA gives you 2 types of Chord playback modes ... RETRIGGER (for string parts and NOT guitars) and NORMAL (for guitars and percussive instrumetns). This mode can be saved within each style. In the final AUDYA product, this will be adjusted for all the internal styles, however for the units that are currently out, all styles have a default Retrig. setting ... for now.
Listen to how natural it now sounds and this IS how it will sound in the finished products (AJ has the updated OS). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbIBH4yixoA - In this example, you hear how AJ uses the new Nylon Guitar on the Right hand to accompany the Accompaniment with all kinds of chords. This is how the Arranger will be used 98% of the time so this is how we designed it to be used. We are currently working on some new styles too for different markets (as shown below). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_y_C_4OJJY - In this example, we use the new RICH Electric Pianos. Using long sustain, you can see that the samples are quit long and due to the high 194 note polyphony, there is NO note drop-out! Velocity response is also quit interesting indeed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyAvoZVUivQ - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMT10N7ipZI - These ZOUK and NDOMBOLO style (authentic Caribbean and African respectively) is indeed one of it's kind. No other Arranger company is making AUTHENTIC styles for the Caribbean and African market (different from the Latin market now), so in many cases, these end users have to find a Latin style that 'sounds like' what they are looking for ... now they don't have to approximate ... they have the actual styles in AUDYA! Listen to the high-pitch Guitars and walking bass line in both the Arranger and in the RIFF mode. With the new STRATO guitar, such music is now possible on the Arranger Keyboard - AUDYA by KETRON. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0c32y9UCJc - Here we demonstrate the ORGAN DRAWBARS .. trying to emulate the famous Hammond B3. In this example, AJ tries to add some 'jazz' chords to standard Gospel licks ... listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVeViNcz6kY - Here, AJ tries to bring out the best of the Grand Piano sounds. There are over 6, but to keep the video short, he used just 3 with the Sustain pedal. Again, no notes drop out and each sound is long (hardly any loop points heard because we used longer, richer samples).

At the bottom right side of the YOUTUBE screen, click on "WATCH IN HIGH QUALITY" (unless you have dial-up). This brings out the true sound and video of what was recorded.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 02-16-2009).]

#33970 - 02/16/09 10:50 AM Re: New Ketron AUDYA demos on Youtube!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
These are great demos AJ. Well done.

#33971 - 02/16/09 10:53 AM Re: New Ketron AUDYA demos on Youtube!
--Mac Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia, USA
The machine sounds great, Nedim.

However, I am hearing (and seeing you play) -- a C2 and Csus4 chord while the screen identifies them as C9 and C11. Actually, I'd pen the C2 as "C2addE" because it is generally customary to drop the 3rd when playing these sus chords. Same applies to the Csus4, it technically would be a "Csusadd3" chord. But guitarists often don't think that way and I'm betting that Autoaccompaniment Keyboardists likely don't either.

C9 should include the notes, C,E,G,Bb and the D an octave above, but okay to place that D in the same octave as a guitarist might voice it.

C11 could inclued all of the above plus the F "outside" the octave.

If we are talking true chord nomenclature.

As a jazz player, the distinction is important to me at least.

--Mac

[This message has been edited by --Mac (edited 02-16-2009).]
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33972 - 02/16/09 11:26 AM Re: New Ketron AUDYA demos on Youtube!
--Mac Offline

THAT TONEWHEEL ORGAN AND LESLIE SPEAKER IS AWESOME!!

Thanks for putting that up, Nedim.

I might just be lugging an AUDYA to gigs with the band soon...

--Mac
"Keep listening. Never become so self-important that you can't listen to other players. Live cleanly....Do right....You can improve as a player by improving as a person. It's a duty we owe to ourselves." --John Coltrane

"You don't know what you like, you like what you know. In order to know what you like, you have to know everything." --Branford Marsalis

#33973 - 02/16/09 11:31 AM Re: New Ketron AUDYA demos on Youtube!
Nedim Offline

Hi Mac, AJ is playing the SYNTH on the Videos...
and its coming up...slowly but surely...

#33974 - 02/16/09 11:34 AM Re: New Ketron AUDYA demos on Youtube!
--Mac Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by --Mac:
THAT TONEWHEEL ORGAN AND LESLIE SPEAKER IS AWESOME!!

Thanks for putting that up, Nedim.

Does it support the two necessary Percussions?

I might just be lugging an AUDYA to gigs with the band soon...

--Mac

#33975 - 02/16/09 11:49 AM Re: New Ketron AUDYA demos on Youtube!
Nedim Offline

As i saw the Drawbar on the AUDYA it has all the ecessary Drawbars but i personally dont
know anything about organs and it was always my least favorite instrument.
Someone else can clarify that.

#33976 - 02/16/09 01:06 PM Re: New Ketron AUDYA demos on Youtube!
leezone Offline

Nedim,

in your posts you keep stating "we" this "we disigned" that...

it seems you are talking on behalf of Ketron...

do you work for or are affiliated with Ketron...

otherwise, using "we" in your posts is a bit misleading...

#33977 - 02/16/09 01:24 PM Re: New Ketron AUDYA demos on Youtube!
Nedim Offline

I dont Lee, i am not falling for that no more,
still trying to catch on something? If the
information is no good for you then go somewhere
else, you know who i am more then the people in here.

#33978 - 02/16/09 03:30 PM Re: New Ketron AUDYA demos on Youtube!
Morten Jonassen Offline

Loc: Danmark
Great demos, thanks.

I think this keyboard sounds truely amazing, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Glad that I waited and did not upgrade to Tyros3, this is just in another leauge.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online