SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32427 - 10/11/07 03:39 AM Country Styles And The Sound Quality Of The SD3?
maxicat Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I'm thinking of selling my SD1 and going for the Ketron SD3 module, i use the country backing styles quite heavily on the SD1 along with midi bass pedals to trigger the styles. I can't seem to find an SD3 to demo, so does the SD3 have quite a variety of country backing styles, how does the arranger sound compare, is the SD3 a step or two up the ladder?
As usual the demo songs sound pretty good.
Vikki(uk)

#32428 - 10/11/07 05:52 AM Re: Country Styles And The Sound Quality Of The SD3?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The SD3 is the module version of the SD5 and so has all the same styles.
The SD3/5 has some advancement in sound and technology over the SD1, but also lacks a good number of the features available on the SD1. (The SD3/5 is a midrange board, whereas the SD1 is a top of the line board)
If you wish to stay with Ketron (Which have always produced impressive boards) wait until the Audya is released, as this will be the true upgrade from the SD1.
Hope this helps

Bill

#32429 - 10/12/07 01:55 AM Re: Country Styles And The Sound Quality Of The SD3?
maxicat Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Bill
Great info, many thanks for the reply, i didn't know anything about the Audya, looks a great piece of kit. I dread to think of the price.....but i'll treat myself when it becomes available.
Vikki(uk)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online