SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32843 - 12/14/05 10:47 AM Ketron XD-3 Expander
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi fellow forumers , Can we have some straight and honest talking .
I play a Concerto digital DA200 midi accordion and also the ELKA VOX 83 midi accordion .I'm currently using the Technics smac 1200 out on gigs . and the KN7000 technics at home and for recording .

I'm being told by people here in the uk that the Ketron xd-3 is the expander to use on gigs ,due to it's great on board sounds and styles and reasonable compact size.

My questions are as follows :-
1 - I will only use it to play styles.
2 - The occassional midi file for set up and sound check testing purposes .
3 - I do not like playing to midi file sequences on live gigs (it's only my personal preference and do not wish to debate the pro's and con's on this web site )
4- I would want the xd-3 expander to be able to store the different midi set ups for the two very different midi accordions .and be able to set up for the different accordions at the mere push of a set up button .

5 - with the aid of my emc conversion software convert my great Technic "Glenn miller "styles to Ketron .

6- Will I face the same problems that other forum members say they are experiencing , such as freezing and all the other associated problems we are reading about on this forum .

I've spoken to dealers here in the uk and they "say they have no knowledge of the problems "

I do live gigs and strict tempo dancing , the problems people are describing would be completely unacceptable to me on live gig .

I look forward to your replies .

regards ..........Giovanni (norwich Norfolk .England )

#32844 - 12/19/05 09:46 AM Re: Ketron XD-3 Expander
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Do a search on the Ketron XD-3 there were a few post recently as to regards of desirability & dependability.

You might want to check out the General Music Genesys XP which I guess is quite a bit priceyer then the XD.

Good Luck

Jerry

#32845 - 01/01/06 01:58 PM Re: Ketron XD-3 Expander
MrEd Offline

Giovanni,

I was talking to some midi accordion guys that I know in midwest USA who have, or had, XD3 and X4 modules.

Some are members of http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/solton/

There's about 1000 members out there and one of the guys said that you should be able to get very helpful info at that site.

Good luck to you.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online