SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29295 - 12/28/05 06:39 AM F3 Button dead after connecting FS13
Twinmaker Offline

Loc: Riviere du Loup, Quebec, Canad...
Hello: After using the F3 button to access the footswitch assignments all worked perfectly...The next morning I noticed that the footswitch settings were back to the original default settings. I tried accessing the utility menu with the F3 button and it does not respond. I then tried to bring my power-on setup to the original settings. (I thought the power-ons may cause the problem) I pressed the save/enter button and tried to select the F3 button to access power on setups and the button still does not respond. I am fairly familiar with the inside of the keyboard as I have done many repairs such as black screen and installation of the video interface. Does anyone have a guess as to how I could home fix this button.
Thanks

#29296 - 12/29/05 11:45 PM Re: F3 Button dead after connecting FS13
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Not sure why the button isn't working, but you must save the footswitch settings, not to Power-on, but by pressing Save while the footswitch assignment screen is open.
DonM

#29297 - 12/30/05 08:23 AM Re: F3 Button dead after connecting FS13
Twinmaker Offline

Thanks

#29298 - 12/30/05 08:53 AM Re: F3 Button dead after connecting FS13
Twinmaker Offline

Well for the benefit of other forum readers. If a button does not work you may get as lucky as I was. the F3 button was infact not working...I opened the keyboard to expose the buttons. The buttons comprise of three parts. The knob, the casing and the actual button switch. I removed the knob and the casing to expose the switch and sprayed liquid air in and around the button. VICTORY. It probrably managed to remove dirt or some other obstruction that prevented the button from making contact. Between fixing the black screen problem, changing the faulty floppy drive and repairing a button, I can only wonder what is next...

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online