SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30552 - 11/13/04 12:09 PM Aj? Can you help me do one little thing on my SD1
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
I know no sequencer program on the computer yet, and using my old keyboard causes numerous problems.

i know that the onboard sequencer is supposed to be difficult and most people don't use it, but there is just one thing I want to do to most sequences and that is change tempos. At the beginning and sometimes in later bars. I'm doing it on the fly and it's really becoming distracting.

Could you give me a simple step by step of how you go into the sequencer, bring up a song, get into the tracks and find tempo info, how to change it, save it, etc.

I'm sure it's relatively simple, but I just get lost when I try to apply anything from the manual.

please? :-)

#30553 - 11/13/04 05:14 PM Re: Aj? Can you help me do one little thing on my SD1
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
The SD1 allows you to play a song from the hard drive and edit instruments,reverb, transposition,panning etc.. Onc eyou make the adjustments, you can press save enter and have choice to rename the song or keep the original title.....got it ?

So....I believe that if you change the tempo as well and press save enter, the tempo should be saved as well, all without copying the sequencer. Try it .....

I'll be back Sunday afternoon. Dan O'

------------------
Ketron, Yamaha, Casio,Roland arranger keyboards.
http://www.keyboardcity.net

1-866-348-8876

#30554 - 11/13/04 07:32 PM Re: Aj? Can you help me do one little thing on my SD1
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
I will git it a try, but we will try a easy and friendly way.

1.- Press song play, select the song with the F5 DIR and enter either the number or the first letter of song in keyboard.
2.- Is it ready?...ok, let say you wnat to change the tempo and as example, lets say is in 120 BPM....and you want it faster....well, press play and with the tempo button and increase it where you want it....( do not press STOP),
3.- Press F1 ( GM ).....you will see track #1 and wherever instrument is in there and the other parameters like volume, reverb, etc..., then with the page (hard disk/floppy), change the channel/track 2 or 3 or any.....there...(it does not matter)...press STOP.....WHILE you are in this mode, you can change the instruments ( from alto sax to tenor or brass, only need to press a different voice family and pick the sound of your choice....as longest you do not exit this mode, you may change ANY thing you want, when finish, press SAVE and then EXECUTE (F10), and like that you can save your new SONG SET UP, so everytime you recall that particular midi file, it will remember those instructions, by the way, also remember if you transpose the song ( MIDI FILE) or the Keyboard too.
Hope it helps....is easier than what appears.

------------------
mdorantes

#30555 - 11/14/04 12:58 AM Re: Aj? Can you help me do one little thing on my SD1
justforfun000 Offline

ummm, I don't think this will really help guys.

For example in one song, there are at least 5 times where it slows down, then goes back to the original tempo.

I have to get to the actual tempo track and change it properly. It is obviously programmed in a specific way, and it shouldn't be hard to change it, it's just understanding how to get there and modify it.

I could do it on my old keyboard, but it changes other parameters because it doesn't "understand" the way it is programmed in other ways. For example, a text file midi, or "karaoke" file, will work fine before I load and save on my old keyboard. Once transferred back, the text is screwed up and it will not work.

So I'm trying to avoid that problem...

#30556 - 11/17/04 09:01 PM Re: Aj? Can you help me do one little thing on my SD1
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Well, is not just a little thing when you have diferent tempos, I did Peter and the Wolf (the whole Symphonic score ) 609 measures, with a lot of tempo, signature, etc. changes.....so, save yourself a LOT of time, my advise is to do it in a PC, in some (I use Cakewalk/Sonar), you can even draw the tempo, VERY easy with the software.

------------------
mdorantes

#30557 - 11/25/04 03:57 PM Re: Aj? Can you help me do one little thing on my SD1
midimast Offline

Loc: Rhodes Greece
Well there is a way to change the tempo in persent (%) this feature \goes on the fly for Roland and is adds or subtract the persent you like from the curent tempo for some songs startin slow and go fast smoothly
in Sd1 just press the DISK button when playback is "Stoped" and then UTILITY Then TEMPO (F2) the midi files in folder 95 will apear just sellect the one you want to alter the tempo and press EXEC the values goes from - 63 to + 63 and affect all the tempo changes in the song in %

[This message has been edited by midimast (edited 11-25-2004).]

#30558 - 11/28/04 02:53 PM Re: Aj? Can you help me do one little thing on my SD1
justforfun000 Offline

Really? Hey that sounds like it'd be perfect!

I'll give it a try. Thank you.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online