SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#32453 - 01/14/03 01:21 PM Aj? Are they going to improve timing in the arrangements?
justforfun000 Offline

Loc: Canada
Let me explain better. Remember I asked before how to make it more sensitive when I'm using the start/stop function? I dropped it to 150 ms, but it's STILL not as quick as my old one. I'm screwing up the songs a lot because it won't stop the arrangement because it doesn't register my hands as being off the keys long enough.

I also don't understand a few things about the arrangements. Almost every single one of them are very drum and bass heavy. So much that I can sometimes barely hear any acommpanying instruments. I've been dropping the drum and bass as much as 25 less volume than the other sliders just to make it sound like the right levels.

On top of this, it doesn't switch over to another variation fast enough. You hit it too close to the end of a bar and it won't change until another whole bar has played. This ruins the whole dynamic of my songs.

And why do the arrangements just play without fills unless you hit them? My old one had all different patterns, but they always had a natural fill ending with cymbal after 4 measures, 6 measures, etc. It sounded natural that way and also saved you from pressing fills all the time. It's especially a drag when I'm doing fancy piano solo's as a lead instrument because it's hard, or sometimes not possible to use my hands without screwing up my playing.

Just find it odd that it doesn't seem to have as good an arrangement function as my 10 year old board. Of course the SOUNDS are phenomenal, but I really think they need to tighten up those arrangements. Hopefully some of these issues were addressed in the OS update. Thanks for listening to the rant. :-)

And if someone out there knows how to do this, if it's easy to explain to me anyhow, I would appreciate a step by step process on specifically putting a cymbal in every arrangement at the start of the 1st measure so my start/stop funtion will work like the old one. I hope that's not hard to do. It just doesn't sound right when I use the function without the cymbal. Sound like a record just turning off an on instead of a dynamic stop and start.

#32454 - 01/25/03 12:20 PM Re: Aj? Are they going to improve timing in the arrangements?
justforfun000 Offline

Well I presume no one can help me. Are my questions that difficult to answer?

#32455 - 01/25/03 02:37 PM Re: Aj? Are they going to improve timing in the arrangements?
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Globally copy the desired pattern and record a cymbal ( with drums 1 )at the beginning of each measure .

Dano

------------------
Piano Man's Music City
624 Frederick Rd .
Catonsville Md. 21228
410 747 0200
danosmusic@yahoo.com

#32456 - 01/25/03 11:53 PM Re: Aj? Are they going to improve timing in the arrangements?
justforfun000 Offline

Thanks Dan. Um, the only thing is since these styles don't seem to go like my other did, where they naturally went about 4 bars and then a cymbal....Do you mean I would have to put the cymbal in and that would occur in EVERY start of the bars? Or are they set up with a different pattern, like 1 bar, 2 bar, 3 bar, 4 bar, back to 1 bar (patterns I mean)

Sorry if this is confusing. I wish I could have you here beside both keyboards and show you exactly what I mean. It would probably help more. :-)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online