SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30599 - 11/10/02 12:14 PM Re: Ketron Vega's newly discovered Jump (with Fill) Feature
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Check this out ! http://www.ketronus.com/vega_review.html

Quote:
Originally posted by Ketron USA re: the Ketron Vega's new Jump (with fill) to ANY variation feature: :"If you are on Arrangement A and play Fill 1 nothing happens. However, if you are on Arrangement A and play Fill 2 you will go to Arrangement B. If you had played Fill 3 you would have gone to Arrangement C or Fill 4 and Arrangement D. This way you can use your to go to whichever Arrangement you wish instead of moving up or down only one Arrangement as on the other keyboards."

Following the above scenerio, I would assume that all you need to do if you're playing variation 4 and want to jump (with a fill) to variation 2, is to press the 'fill 2' button, right?

Ok, how about this? The Ketron Vega (and XD9) actually only have 3 fill buttons, plus a break button, yet there are 4 variation buttons. This being the case, which 'single button' do you need to push in order to jump (with fill-in) from variation 1 to variation 4?

In the meantime, I would think that Ketron could easily implement (via OS update) this 'Jump to ANY variation (with fill)' thing on both the SD1 & XD9 as well.

Perhaps AJ can provide us with answers to the above questions.

Scott

#30600 - 11/10/02 05:25 PM Re: Re: Ketron Vega's newly discovered Jump (with Fill) Feature
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Scott ,

I was told that Ketron was implementing this feature on the XD series . You will be able to assign the jump feature to go where you want it to go ( like you requested ).

I am on vacation in Florida . I return to work on Wednesday ! Keep your ideas coming ! dano

#30601 - 11/11/02 01:00 AM Re: Re: Ketron Vega's newly discovered Jump (with Fill) Feature
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Dan: I just received a private email from AJ, and he informed me that this specific Jump feature isn't planned to be included in the SD1 or XD9, but ONLY on the Vega. I find this disapointing because I find this feature not just helpful & useful, but essential for LIVE arranger keyboard performance, especially for players who play 'on the fly'. Without this feature, this means having to take either one hand (or both) off the keyboard that MUCH longer. I only hope Ketron will re-consider adding this feature to the SD1 & XD9 as well.

PS: Hope you're having a wonderful vacation in FLA. Btw: where in Florida are you spending it, at Mickey's Place?

#30602 - 11/11/02 06:07 AM Re: Re: Ketron Vega's newly discovered Jump (with Fill) Feature
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
If I told you , I'd have to ..................................

buy a yamaha ? d

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online