Hi A.J., KETRON
On the SD 1, is there a way to get an output to trigger my laptop to bring up stored lyrics and chords and notes? So that when I choose a registration style on the SD 1, my laptop will simultaneously call up the lyrics and chords to that particular registration. I realize the SD 1 reads .txt files only. On my laptop, using "notepad" under accessories, I can type in the lyrics and chords and save them as a text file. Also, I'm aware that notes cannot be saved as a .txt file.
Most of what I play is using registrations of patterns and styles. The SD 1 screen is too small and scrolling isn't pratical using registrations.
For example, I have the text and chords on my laptop for "Daddys Home", stored in a text file and on the SD 1 I call up a registration where I've stored 54 "Slow Rock." When I toggle that registration on the SD 1, I want the laptop to be triggered by the SD 1 to call up the lyrics and chords. I'm not concerened with scrolling as the laptop can store the entire song on the screen. If both the SD 1 and the lyrics on the laptop have the same name would that work?
Is there a system exclusive command that could be included in a MIDI file that would call up computer text file in the laptop? Or could I use software like power tracks for the lyrics and chords and save it in .mid, or type 0 midi file, or karaoke .kar, would the SD 1 trigger that?
Thank you for your patience in reading my long winded question.
John Graham
jhnbgrah@msn.com