SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#454304 - 07/03/18 03:40 PM SD60 and SD90
LatinoMike Online   content

Loc: Southend-on-Sea, UK
I just received an email that the delivery of these products is imminent and to contact the distributors for details:-

KETRON is pleased to announce delivery of the new SD60 and SD90 is imminent.
Contact your Ketron dealer or distributor for more information.

K E T R O N s.r.l.

Edited by LatinoMike (07/03/18 03:45 PM)

#454325 - 07/04/18 12:33 PM Re: SD60 and SD90 [Re: LatinoMike]
LatinoMike Online   content

Loc: Southend-on-Sea, UK
I see there is more news in another email from Ketron:

KETRON are pleased to announce the release of new USB Pen Drive for SD9, SD60, SD90

Styles Pop Lounge ( https://www.ketron.it/en/products/305-pen-drive-usb/styles-pop-lounge?acm=13749_188 )
Audya Styles vol. 1 ( https://www.ketron.it/en/products/305-pen-drive-usb/audya-styles-vol-1?acm=13749_188 )
Audya Styles vol. 2 ( https://www.ketron.it/en/products/305-pen-drive-usb/audya-styles-vol-2?acm=13749_188 )

K E T R O N s.r.l.

#454406 - 07/07/18 02:47 PM Re: SD60 and SD90 [Re: LatinoMike]
ajodanimario Offline

Loc: espaņa
Ketron sold us the lie that all Audya styles were compatible for sd9, a big lie because most of them when you try to convert are still protected, it would seem a great shame on the part of ketron to now want to sell Audya styles, I understand that if a person buys sd9 and wants more styles, he pays them, but those of us who were Audya users and changed to sd9 have been tricked by the company and the minimum that ketron could do to those of us who can demonstrate that we have Audya and have changed to Sd9 is to provide the Audya material free of charge. I love my Audya and I really like my sd9 but that's not how Ketron works.

#454460 - 07/09/18 10:43 PM Re: SD60 and SD90 [Re: ajodanimario]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By ajodanimario
Ketron sold us the lie that all Audya styles were compatible for sd9, a big lie because most of them when you try to convert are still protected, it would seem a great shame on the part of ketron to now want to sell Audya styles, I understand that if a person buys sd9 and wants more styles, he pays them, but those of us who were Audya users and changed to sd9 have been tricked by the company and the minimum that ketron could do to those of us who can demonstrate that we have Audya and have changed to Sd9 is to provide the Audya material free of charge. I love my Audya and I really like my sd9 but that's not how Ketron works.

Aaaah... How I love to be back in the Yamaha camp again. I have none of the above problems anymore plus I have more styles I could ever hope to audition and they just keep on coming. And those guitars, oh boy, how amazing they are. In the memory I have the best human & other voices and I revoiced so many styles to use those. Awesome...

I have EVERY style from EVERY Yamaha model playing flawlessly on my entry level PSR S770 and by using my memory voices many of them sound just as good if not better than on the very top models.

If I had an S970, then I could have purchased all the Genos voices with the revoiced styles playing EXACTLY like they sound on the Genos. I might purchase this package anyway and put only the best of those voices in my lower capacity memory as I would not use ALL the onboard Genos styles.

Have not even switched on my Audya for quite a few months now. Ketron makes excellent products, but they can learn a LOT from Yamaha on how to keep their customers interested.

#454473 - 07/10/18 08:08 AM Re: SD60 and SD90 [Re: ajodanimario]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Ketron sold us the lie that all Audya styles were compatible for sd9,

I don't recal Ketron ever claiming that to be the case. The SD9 operates in a very different way to Audya and both instruments are on completely different technology platfoms being some 10+ years apart.

You have to keep in mind, the other companies still use the same old fashioned 1980s tech of 1 or 2 bar transposing midi based styles, so its simple for them to convert between models wether its an old PSR8000 or a Genos. Audya and SD9 integrate low compression streaming audio with their styles. As a result styles are not a single midi file like Henni's Yamaha but made up of many, many elements working together; midi and a large number of audio loops.

SD9 will convert any Midi styles from previous models (including Audya) just like the competition, but when it comes to Audya high end Audio styles; its not so simple and each style will take Ketron many hours to prepare for the SD9 format.

#454480 - 07/10/18 12:28 PM Re: SD60 and SD90 [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Tonewheeldude
Ketron sold us the lie that all Audya styles were compatible for sd9,

I don't recal Ketron ever claiming that to be the case. The SD9 operates in a very different way to Audya and both instruments are on completely different technology platfoms being some 10+ years apart.

You have to keep in mind, the other companies still use the same old fashioned 1980s tech of 1 or 2 bar transposing midi based styles, so its simple for them to convert between models wether its an old PSR8000 or a Genos. Audya and SD9 integrate low compression streaming audio with their styles. As a result styles are not a single midi file like Henni's Yamaha but made up of many, many elements working together; midi and a large number of audio loops.

SD9 will convert any Midi styles from previous models (including Audya) just like the competition, but when it comes to Audya high end Audio styles; its not so simple and each style will take Ketron many hours to prepare for the SD9 format.

Unless they just add the audya style engine as a 2nd engine to the SD9...
Or even better, mix the engines.. so when you select an audio audya track, it uses the audia technollogy for that specific track...

There is more solutions to a single problem..

I guess this all means we might see a true audya follow up in the distant future..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#454496 - 07/10/18 05:32 PM Re: SD60 and SD90 [Re: LatinoMike]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Bachus,

Are you ready to get your SD90 Pro Module? Remember the agreement we made (if KETRON ever came up with a module version of the SD9 pro)? We are now ready to ship. Please contact me privately at AjamInc@Gmail.com for more details.

Thanks,

AJ

#454504 - 07/10/18 08:57 PM Re: SD60 and SD90 [Re: Ketron_AJ]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
Bachus,

Are you ready to get your SD90 Pro Module? Remember the agreement we made (if KETRON ever came up with a module version of the SD9 pro)? We are now ready to ship. Please contact me privately at AjamInc@Gmail.com for more details.

Thanks,

AJ

Offcourse i remember what i said, and still plan to get one...
However, buying a Ketron in the US is financially not interesting for me
Espescially with all the extra taxes i need to pay when importing one from the US..

I will conveniently buy in Holland, a few months after its introduction, and definately after the first software update. (Thats what i allways do)
So i guess i will jave a Ketron SD90 by Christmas
Also here in Holland its easy to get a deal exchnaging the pa4x for the sd90

The big question is, will i add it to the Kronos
Or will i replace the Kronos with a nord stage3 or a Montage..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online