SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#440979 - 11/17/17 02:38 AM SD9 versus Genos
audyaplayer Offline

Loc: Holland
I own both,SD9 and now 3 weeks the Genos,and now i get my hands on the Genos,can i tell you that the SD9 far out the winner is,the Genos is an Tyros 6 with a new design with small improvements,what is better:SD9 is much faster,the SSD is superb,the sound is so much more live than the Genos,i miss several things on the Genos,the styles from the SD9 are built with 2,4....24 messures,and also the bass is playing like a bassplayer,drums are the best you can get,also the percussion group,the Genos is better in the guitargroup and the DSP'S are very good,the styles are very bombastic and the intro and ending are very,very long,is already a half of a song,but when i use them on stage,the Sd9 is open/stereo/pressure,Genos is more compressed and stays behind in the PA,ALSO AN VERY STRONG POINT FROM THE sd9,save when you are playing,Genos must be stopped and than save,to much handling for save, i make constantly changes on the SD9 and save when i play,and ofcource the LAAUNCHPAD,you can combine almost everything together and make the most beautiful compositions,but the strongest point is the livesound,SD9 is a liveband,Genos is good in the presetsounds and DSP'S,so the combination with this two keys is the best for me as pro musician.

Edited by audyaplayer (11/17/17 03:06 AM)

#440981 - 11/17/17 03:47 AM Re: SD9 versus Genos [Re: audyaplayer]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Very interesting,Audyaplayer. Thanks for the report.

#440999 - 11/17/17 07:50 AM Re: SD9 versus Genos [Re: audyaplayer]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Audioplayer,
I have a Ketron SD7 and also the Yamaha Genos and I also find to be true what you are saying in your post. Even my SD7 has a profoundly more live feeling than my Genos. That said, the Genos is really a very good keyboard. I upgraded from a Tyros 4 and there is a huge difference in sound quality and style quality. The Genos touch screen user interface is also very good and easy to use. Perhaps the Genos 2 will add a more live sound.

Deane

#441028 - 11/18/17 04:37 AM Re: SD9 versus Genos [Re: audyaplayer]
audyaplayer Offline

Loc: Holland
Hey Deane, i owned the T5,but the difference is not so big as from the T4,lot's of T5 is in the Genos,what you get witch the Genos?a couple of new styles,Dsp's(very good)new presetvoices and ofcource,a new design,but Ketron is more advanced in technique,and it's easy to handle,and it is fast,and again,drums/percussion/bass/live audioguitars,it's the best you can get.

#441311 - 11/23/17 12:54 PM Re: SD9 versus Genos [Re: audyaplayer]
Bachus Offline

Good to hear...

How do the orchestral sounds compare?
To me the orchestral sounds have allways been the highlight of yamaha instruments
And the ensemble feature is the ultimate pinacle of those sounds..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#441314 - 11/23/17 01:48 PM Re: SD9 versus Genos [Re: audyaplayer]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
shocked Woops,
don't dare to mention that Ketron have any advantages if you are at PSR. laugh cry

Jokes aside, but I will probably never point to a winner side by side at home.
Somehow I totaly lost my interest for Ketron back when Audya was supposed to arrive.
Sold my lovely SD1, got ready to start dig into Audya, but it was delayed for quite a long time, in fact, very long time.
When it finally found the way to the stores, the price was so sky high that I could buy 1 top Tyros + 1 Roland G-70 (or PA3X-76) for the same amount of money.
The big price gap between Genos and other top of the line brands like Korg and Ketron today is to high to justify, so my wallet votes to keep T4 and add (most likely) PA4X-76.
Gives experience and time to determine which way to choose later on.

Anyway,
nice to see Ketron are at stage and in the price group to compete with the other competitors again.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#441334 - 11/24/17 01:17 AM Re: SD9 versus Genos [Re: audyaplayer]
Bernie9 Offline

I would like to know what differences there are between the SD7 and SD9. Also, I have an Audya and is an SD9 that much better.

#441360 - 11/24/17 12:15 PM Re: SD9 versus Genos [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
I would like to know what differences there are between the SD7 and SD9. Also, I have an Audya and is an SD9 that much better.

Most things missing from the audya in the sd7 made their way i to the sd9 pro

But also some new innovative things like
- user samples
- improved sample size and rom, lots of new sounds
- launchpad
And offcourse many new guitar, drum percussion and bass live sounds.

Does the sd9 really sound much better then the sd7 and sd40 and audya?
Hard to say, since those allready sounded great.
I did really enjoy playing the sd9 when i got the chance.

To me, the audya imterface/screen feels outdated when it comes to user friendlyness, so an update from an audya seems a good step..

However i am still not convinced if an update from the sd7 is worth it, for people that have no interest in the launchpads...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#441368 - 11/24/17 01:24 PM Re: SD9 versus Genos [Re: audyaplayer]
Bernie9 Offline

I knew I could count on you,Bachus, to get an impartial assessment. Thank you.

#441385 - 11/24/17 09:07 PM Re: SD9 versus Genos [Re: Bachus]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Bernie9

Most things missing from the audya in the sd7 made their way i to the sd9 pro

But also some new innovative things like
- user samples
- improved sample size and rom, lots of new sounds
- launchpad
And offcourse many new guitar, drum percussion and bass live sounds.

Does the sd9 really sound much better then the sd7 and sd40 and audya?
Hard to say, since those allready sounded great.
I did really enjoy playing the sd9 when i got the chance.

To me, the audya imterface/screen feels outdated when it comes to user friendlyness, so an update from an audya seems a good step..

However i am still not convinced if an update from the sd7 is worth it, for people that have no interest in the launchpads...

User Samples????.... Where is the sampler of SD9???...
Not working...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online