SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#364266 - 04/03/13 07:59 AM Audya 5 Hard Drive Fail
RICHARDS Offline

I'm concern about a hard drive fail of Audya 4,5.. in the future:

1. If a hard drive fail to load when turn on
- Buy a new hard drive and replace it

2. What's about all the OS and files in hard drive?
- Where do i get a disc to re-install?

I want to hear some advise. Thanks

#364269 - 04/03/13 08:25 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Fail [Re: RICHARDS]
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
If you buy a new hard disk and install it the keyboard won't even boot (start), because there is no operative system on the drive itself (the same thing that would happen with your PC if you don't install Windows first). Your only chance in case of hard disk failure is to send the keyboard back to the assistance and have the defect corrected (usually there is a problem in the connection between controller and hard disk). In the worst case they will have to install a new hard disk and copy everything (OS, sounds, audio styles, etc) again in it. To avoid losing all your data (new or modified styles, user registrations, etc) is advisable from time to time to make a backup of all the files on your computer (using the USB cable).

#364271 - 04/03/13 08:37 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Fail [Re: RICHARDS]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Ketron will always help with solutions to these data problems. Its worth keeping an eye on www.ketron.it for any updates on this matter

As of today you have to do one of the following:
1) Create your own back up
2) Purchase a new Hard Drive from Ketron Italy (preloaded)
3) Purchase restore CD's

The restore CD's (and replacement hard drives) have data up to 4.2b (2010 update) and should be available from your distributor. You then simply install the latest OS. However it seems some distributors cannot be bothered to stock these items in which case either contact Ketron Italy Direct or if that fails Ketron UK who stock Genuine replacement hard drives and restore CD's.

#364273 - 04/03/13 08:42 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Fail [Re: RICHARDS]
RICHARDS Offline

Dreamer

Absolutely the hard drive won't boot if I don't have a OS install but in this case i do not want to send the keyboard back to the dealer. All I ask (Advise from all of you)is :
How do I have a disc recover from Ketron? Is this dic include evething inside?
When you buy a new PC they're support with a disc recover in a new PC in case a PC is failed to boot

Change out a hard drive is easy but I need a disc recover

Thanks

#364274 - 04/03/13 08:46 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Fail [Re: RICHARDS]
Tonewheeldude Offline

actually manufacturers no longer supply restore disks these days, you have to make them yourself.

I think all the information you need is above though.

Backing up data yourself is simple, but must be done in blocks to avoid a cyclic redundancy error (particuarly with the contents of the hidden system folder which includes all of the large Audiodrum files). You also have to allow quite some hours.

#364281 - 04/03/13 10:45 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Fail [Re: RICHARDS]
leezone Offline

TWD,

so something new & "revolutionary" is coming out from Ketron as far as backup for Audya?

#364288 - 04/03/13 12:23 PM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Fail [Re: leezone]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Any tools Ketron give us to help with data management is good news Leezone.

#364346 - 04/04/13 06:11 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Fail [Re: RICHARDS]
leezone Offline

Anything from Ketron for Audya at this point is "revolutionary" wink

#364545 - 04/07/13 04:46 AM Re: Audya 5 Hard Drive Fail [Re: RICHARDS]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Hi Richards,

the much faster way for an "Audya-HD-Backup" is to open the Keyboard, unplug the HD, plug it via an "IDE to USB-Adaptor" to a PC and the run a backup-software that is able to make "sector-copies", like "Acronis True Image" ( for Windows ) or "FileZilla" ( a Linux-Boot-CD ).

The backup needs about 20 Minutes doing it this way.

BUT :

The "KETRON 2011 Style & SoundUpdate" and "UK 2012" Sticks wonīt work anymore due to "copy-protection"!!! This copy-protection is not related to the Audyas serialnumber ( they donīt have one stored in the ROM, itīs just a label on the chassis ! ) but to the harddiskīs serialnumber !

You then have to send these sticks to Ketron / your dealer and hope that they will reset them. Then youīll have to re-install them.

The problem with copy-protection is always, that "the good people" ( who buy it legally ) have to suffer, "the bad ones" ( who get it via rapidshare a.s.o. ) donīt.
Nevertheless I fully agree that copy-protection is absolutely necessary !!!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online