SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#358008 - 01/06/13 04:23 AM Audio Live Guitar Playing from the Cubase in Arr A
ricardo Offline

Hi all, at first let me wish to all of you, a nice new year with a lot of music businesses smile
Relatively to my doubt ..
Last days i´ve started using the cubase because i wanted to have live guitars playing in Endings, i wrote you a post about it and meanwhile i could achieve it (it was nice).
I think i can understand now a little better channels and midi. I can do the sytle in cubase, but for me to do all the style in the cubase i would need to hear too, my audio live guitars (mine not, internal from the audya) that i normally choose in Arranjer A,B,C for example, and it seems me that this is not possible or it is ??
What i am saying is, i can hear the return of what i´m playing if it is a normal gm voice (works fine by midi), but because it i´s an audio live guitar i will not be playing this song because it´s not a normal gm voice. Then i thought that the only way so can hear my live audia guitar is having the wave of this guitar and put in a track in cubase, but it doesn´t work because i can´t have access to these waves (internal (audy) audio live guitars). So the question is, there is any way so can i hear the audio live guitars playing through midi ? Or this must be done without midi? With a wave ? Somebody can help me?

Nice weekend to all ,

And thanks any help

#358048 - 01/06/13 05:11 PM Re: Audio Live Guitar Playing from the Cubase in Arr A [Re: ricardo]
ricardo Offline

Is anyone alive yet smile ?

#358052 - 01/06/13 08:12 PM Re: Audio Live Guitar Playing from the Cubase in Arr A [Re: ricardo]
leezone Offline

Ricardo

1/2 alive only
This Ketron forum needs a little Resuscitation

#358091 - 01/07/13 08:14 AM Re: Audio Live Guitar Playing from the Cubase in Arr A [Re: leezone]
ricardo Offline

So true as I need help smile

#358093 - 01/07/13 08:21 AM Re: Audio Live Guitar Playing from the Cubase in Arr A [Re: ricardo]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By: ricardo
...there is any way so can i hear the audio live guitars playing through midi ?

I'm sure this cannot be done. There is absolutely no connection between audio & midi, except they both respond to chord & tempo changes.

You can record your intro & ending live guitars into wave files, and then insert into the drums track. Don't mute the existing midi drums in this case. This ought to work.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#358102 - 01/07/13 08:57 AM Re: Audio Live Guitar Playing from the Cubase in Arr A [Re: ricardo]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Loc: Hellas, Creta, Iraklion
Hi Ricardo.... Happy new year!!!

I thik first is important to understand, with who way the system of Audya manages the midi files to create a style...
In a midi file we can to write only midi notes, and of course all midi messages (CC"xxx, Programs Changes, etc)....
When we converted (with Style Compiler) the midi file to Audya style (PAT), there exist the midi messages (if we have write in midi file) and whith it the style can:

1) To Changes Chords of Live Guitar in Intro or Ending with midi Programs Changes.

2) To Start-Stop Live Guitar...

So.. we must do the Midi programming with messages (Programs Changes) via midi editor of Cubase...
The system does not care about the program (Live Guitar) that we will select to use, but the how to play properly the Live Guitar in a Intro or Ending ..
I think therefore its imposible to listen the Live Guitar from Cubase...
The COMPANY not has given us some way to do this .... I do not know something about this... if someone knows something please say..
For More info about midi programming Live Guitar, please see in the Style Compiler Manual page 4-5 and 14..

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (01/07/13 09:06 AM)

#358104 - 01/07/13 09:22 AM Re: Audio Live Guitar Playing from the Cubase in Arr A [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Henni Offline

Hi Ricardo,

I've not even touched Style Compiler, so I apologise if my answer was maybe not really ciorrect for you...

I only responded because no one else would.

What Sokratis stated I did not know one could even do. My apologies to the both of you.

Keep well my friends,

Henni

#358105 - 01/07/13 09:25 AM Re: Audio Live Guitar Playing from the Cubase in Arr A [Re: Henni]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi Ricardo,

I've not even touched Style Compiler, so I apologise if my answer was maybe not really ciorrect for you...

I only responded because no one else would.

What Sokratis stated I did not know one could even do. My apologies to the both of you.

Keep well my friends,

Henni

No problem my friend Henny.... No poblem!!! smile
However this is my opinion from my experience of Audya programming....

#358106 - 01/07/13 09:29 AM Re: Audio Live Guitar Playing from the Cubase in Arr A [Re: Sokratis 1974]
Henni Offline

Hi Sokratis,

You taught me someting new. I would like to have live guitars playing in my intros & endings - only it sounds like too much work for me for now.

I don't like to edit anything at midi level, although I was fascinated by that long, long ago.

Thank you for the info my friend,

Henni

#358107 - 01/07/13 09:34 AM Re: Audio Live Guitar Playing from the Cubase in Arr A [Re: Henni]
Sokratis 1974 Offline

Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi Sokratis,

You taught me someting new. I would like to have live guitars playing in my intros & endings - only it sounds like too much work for me for now.

I don't like to edit anything at midi level, although I was fascinated by that long, long ago.

Thank you for the info my friend,

Henni

Yes Henny.... Is realy hard to programing with midi way...
I think that it would be much better for everyone if company, would give a different easy way....

Edited by Sokratis 1974 (01/07/13 09:35 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online