Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#355763 - 12/03/12 10:00 AM What can be done to REVITALIZE this Ketron Forum
leezone Offline

as we know and can see
this Ketron Forum is practically dead
seems like there is half dozen of us left
and most here post infrequently

what can be done to spark some life to this Forum?
is it that many don't know it exists?
any way to send ALL Audya owners an invite to this Forum?

are we all on the wrong Forum, meaning is there a more popular Forum that is overtaking this one?

just a shame that such an AWESOME arranger, the best in my opinion, is getting such little attention here

thoughts? ideas?

#355812 - 12/04/12 08:08 AM Re: What can be done to REVITALIZE this Ketron Forum [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

WAKE UP my friends...

nobody has any suggestions to increase our active members here in this Ketron forum?

there's gotta be more than a dozen Ketron/Audya owners out there

#355852 - 12/04/12 08:52 PM Re: What can be done to REVITALIZE this Ketron Forum [Re: leezone]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
In order to get more US users, they need to sell more Ketrons in the US. In order to do that, they need a distribution system!
There is a pretty active group on Yahoo, called Yahoo Solton group.
DonM

#355858 - 12/04/12 09:51 PM Re: What can be done to REVITALIZE this Ketron Forum [Re: leezone]
leezone Offline

I think the 1st problem is that those interested in testing out an Audya live are probably SOL, unless of course they are willing to fly to another state.

2nd problem is trying to fing a dealer who has them in stock

Correct me if I'm wrong but...I don't think any US dealer has any new Audya 5's in stock

That is a problem...and invites buyers to look elsewhere, to other brands perhaps

Just my $0.02

#355859 - 12/04/12 09:58 PM Re: What can be done to REVITALIZE this Ketron Forum [Re: leezone]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Lee, I have always been keen to get an Audya to give it a go, but with a recommended retail of near $8000, and the BEST street (only one dealer out here) of about $6.5k it is way WAY WAAAAYYYY overpriced!!

I have spoken with the dealer and he says Ketron give him no pricing support at all, and don't really care about the market out here one bit. They are still forcing him to sell the Sd2 Module at over $500!!! To sell them he has to cut his profit on an item to about $5 total!!!

Midjay Plus is another one, still at well over $1850 street (retail $2450) I could go on but I won't...

I mean something is wrong when I can buy one (Audya 76) from a person in the US for $4300 delivered to Australia, and yet cannot get one below about $6.5k here!!!

Dennis

PS: the only reason I never went ahead with the US purchase was no warranty that applied in Australia, and with this wee beastie I think a warranty is essential!!!

#355866 - 12/04/12 11:56 PM Re: What can be done to REVITALIZE this Ketron Forum [Re: miden]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I hear you Dennis and can completely understand the point you are making.

#355872 - 12/05/12 02:44 AM Re: What can be done to REVITALIZE this Ketron Forum [Re: leezone]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Wow...

in Germany itīs ( converted ) 4.900 US $ ( Audya5 ).

IF you can get one...

To buy things from US ( like AJAMSOMIC, I still have discussions with my wife wink ) is another problem :

First we have to pay for the conversation form EUR to US$, then paypal-Germany has NO "GIFT-Option" and third problem is the German tax system : Additionally to the price I have to pay 19% tax at the customs-office ...

BTW: In my (german) keyboard-forum there are 4 Audya-users ( from more than 800 users in total ), one of them from suisse who has an account here as well.

#355876 - 12/05/12 05:03 AM Re: What can be done to REVITALIZE this Ketron Forum [Re: Snoopy]
Kytrinh Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi to all on this forum..
Just a note for Dennis that if you're interested in the Ketron Audya, I've just got my Audya 5 delivered from Gospel Pianos in Sydney not too long ago for $5100, I don't really know the price of the Audya (76) but just ask for Warwick who's the GM there he's very good and helpful. In terms of tech support, well I have to thank members of this Forum and AJ from Ajamsonic (who's pack arrived this week and can't wait to install).
I can't get enough of this keyboard over the realism of the styles, just not enough time in the day to be on it, i have to even burn the demos from this web page to cd and listening to it on the way to work. It's just something about the Audya sound that projects it straight to your heart.. I've managed to get in contact with another Aussie on this site and all he had to say about the Audya is ... Shhhhhhhh its Australia's best kept secret. Kindest regards to all, Ky

#355888 - 12/05/12 09:00 AM Re: What can be done to REVITALIZE this Ketron Forum [Re: leezone]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Thanks Ky but I know Warwick very well already smile ... And $5100 for the 5 is still way over the odds!!

The 76 should be a max retail of $4000 (street around $3500) and the 5 retail should be $3600 (street $3100)

If Ketron gave the Oz dealer that sort of pricing, he would nail it out here...and would make it extremely competitive with the PA3 and the Ty4

In fact, should those prices be made a reality I will commit myself publicly here to say I would buy one in a heartbeat smile

Dennis

#355890 - 12/05/12 09:03 AM Re: What can be done to REVITALIZE this Ketron Forum [Re: leezone]
NiteLife Offline

Loc: Cape Coral, Florida USA
Happy Holidays Everyone!

Just wanted to let you all know I'm still here and still loving my Audya. It continues to perform perfect 6 & 7 nights a week. Best money spent EVER for an arranger. Putting good use to the Styles Ketron came out with and anxiously waiting for Roberts.

All is good and the Audya continues to be a thrill for me to play.

www.SOUTHERNEXPRESSMUSIC.COM

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online