SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#351419 - 09/20/12 10:21 AM Trying to install 2011 sound & style upgrade
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

Trying the above. Just finished installing the factory restore DVDs OS42B.

However, I do not have Concert_Grand 1st top left on my voice selection screen. I have Grand Pianio 1st, then Concert Grand 2nd. So I'm not installing pendrive as yet.

Anyone been there before? What should I do?

Kind regards,

Henni

#351420 - 09/20/12 11:38 AM Re: Trying to install 2011 sound & style upgrade [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Ha!!!

Problem solved. I'm so glad I started the tips & tricks thread - it just solved a MAJOR problem for me.

Solution:

Running the F1 start-up test, I initially only had a KET02 error. This one requires a very special procedure to fix as explained in detail by Tonewheeldude.

Well, as soon as that was fixed, I now had the following errors:

KET03
KET04
KET05
KET06
KET09
KET11

I fixed them one by one & viola!!! I have CONCERT GRAND top left. I can now continue to install all my upgrades.

Tx Darren for your detailed description. It is late, yet I'm going to install all upgrades and play with them before going to bed... Sleep'll be very low on my priority list for tonighht!!!

Keep well all my friends,

Henni

#351446 - 09/20/12 02:42 PM Re: Trying to install 2011 sound & style upgrade [Re: Henni]
Tonewheeldude Offline

you have email

#351468 - 09/21/12 12:34 AM Re: Trying to install 2011 sound & style upgrade [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

I now have OS42B, same as most of you. On top of this, I have the 2011 Style & sound upgrade plus the new 2012 style upgrade.

Thus, I'm as current as most of you & now we can talk the same language. My initial impression is the same as expressed by some of you:

1. The Audya now sounds different. I'm so used to the previous overall sound, that I now must get used to this much more polished & refined sound. I'm sure it will be much better than previous once I get used to it. Many onboard styles have been tweaked and sound much more mild now. Some of those excessive hard rock variations sound a lot better now. I do not play melody with my right hand, so I cannot comment on the new super solo voices. Sokratis' demos as posted on the FAQ thread showcase these properly for those interested (how I wish I could play like that...). The new styles are nice, but not too many added to the Ballad, Pop & Rock category that I use most. My old registrations play as intended with the way I set up those styles. I guess I'll make a new directory under user styles and dump all my previous factory styles over there just in case I like some of them more.

2. 2012 Style upgrade: Overall very nicely done. However, not really suitable for what we sing. Guess I'll end up using some of them in any case. I think these would be fantastic for gigging musicians though...

3. My only BIG complaint: I always jam using my earhones. The overall volume is now much, much lower. I've already selected the "boost" eq settings, but it really does not help. I have a headphene splitter/amp, but it has no EQ settings and the highs are much damped through it. This whole bit is rather annoying to me to say the least!!!

Regardless of my opinion above, I'll continue to purchase everything that becomes available for the Audya. The full Ajamsonic upgrade will follow within the next week or so. And I'll always have a complete back up hard drive for both versions. Not too expensive with a lot of peace of mind for me.

I started on 09:00 yesterday & only finished at 23:00. Then played around with everything till 00:00 before going to bed. Looking forward to this weekend so that I can thoroughly try out all the new stuff.

Well, that's my opinion for now. I'm sure by next week I'll be highly excited as I discover all the new stuff. I must still install the SD1 drum sets and Sokratis' new vintage sounds. And I have to play with the new bonus stuff i.e. new registrations that came with the pendrive.

Henni

#351500 - 09/21/12 11:15 AM Re: Trying to install 2011 sound & style upgrade [Re: Henni]
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi all,

3. My only BIG complaint: I always jam using my earhones. The overall volume is now much, much lower. I've already selected the "boost" eq settings, but it really does not help.

Henni

Henni, try adjusting the sound card level, that's what I did, the original setting was too low for me, wonder if anybody feel the same?

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#351538 - 09/22/12 05:49 AM Re: Trying to install 2011 sound & style upgrade [Re: Shade of pale]
Henni Offline

Hi my friend,

I discovered that with OS42B I can now edit my equalizer settings. I can make it as loud as I want. No more problem for me.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#351540 - 09/22/12 06:24 AM Re: Trying to install 2011 sound & style upgrade [Re: Henni]
hbinfo2001 Offline

Loc: Quebec Canada
Hi Henni' how do you make tour settings trop édit to equalizer and savez for good. Thanks

#351672 - 09/24/12 09:26 PM Re: Trying to install 2011 sound & style upgrade [Re: hbinfo2001]
Henni Offline

Hi,

When I'm done, I simply select "save". Next I save everything on my arranger to a "start-up" registry. Everytime I start her up, I first call up this registry.

There might be an easier way, but this works for me.

Keep well my friend,

Henni

#351692 - 09/25/12 12:36 AM Re: Trying to install 2011 sound & style upgrade [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi all,

I am SUPER impressed with OS42B & especially the 2011 Sound & style update.

One of the things I really like is that when I insert any new live audio part, that I no longer stop the style when selecting the next available one. I scroll through all whilst the style is playing with NO ill effects whatsoever.

AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!! AWESOME!!!

Henni

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online