SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#349041 - 08/13/12 10:43 AM Installing the Audya 2011 upgrade
Christian_1 Offline

Hi all,
Well, at last, I managed to find the upgrade here and got a reply from Thomann and a few other dealers and we'll see who I will purchase it from.
One thing that I don't like is that I will have to go through the same complicated procedure again if I upgrade to an Audya 5 wich I have been looking at.
Also, noone asked for my Audya's serial number and I am wondering is it really tied to it now then and if I really need to get another USB pen drive if I upgrade to the Audya 5 from the Audya 4?
Many thanks!

#349090 - 08/14/12 06:14 AM Re: Installing the Audya 2011 upgrade [Re: Christian_1]
Ketron User Offline

Hi Christian,

Wenn You install a Pen-Drive, the Serial Number is writen in a hidden file (or MBR) on that Pen-Drive, making it impossible to install the same Pen-Drive on another Audya again.
Don't even think to make a Pen-Drive-Image before installing, it makes your Pen-Drive useless afterwards...
Nice protection from Ketron...

Regards,

Carlo.

#349100 - 08/14/12 11:31 AM Re: Installing the Audya 2011 upgrade [Re: Ketron User]
Snoopy Offline

Loc: Northern Germany
Originally Posted By: Ketron User
Don't even think to make a Pen-Drive-Image before installing, it makes your Pen-Drive useless afterwards...

Hi,

it depends on HOW ( and with which software ) you create the Image. If you´re running it under Windows you may be right wink

#349137 - 08/15/12 04:11 AM Re: Installing the Audya 2011 upgrade [Re: Christian_1]
Tonewheeldude Offline

I have to point this out to you.

If you want Ketron to continue to develop new styles then you are going to have to pay for them. Live styles are a huge investment and can cost up to $20,000 for a brand new style. That's because a live style require a composer, producer, musicians, studio time and staff, post production etc, etc and lastly Ketrons software team to prepare for deployment.

As you know Ketron UK are working on a new style pack, if its copied I guarantee we will not produce any more, its just not worth the investment.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online