SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#342468 - 03/21/12 08:28 AM Only Drums on a Audya4
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA

Evaluating an Audya4 again.
When I start to play a style, the only sound output are coming from the Drums + right hand. Any output is the same, including head phones.

Wave, MP3 and Midi play OK.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks !!!

#342469 - 03/21/12 09:07 AM Re: Only Drums on a Audya4 [Re: Machetero]
Tonewheeldude Offline

Simple MIDI setup:

.... presuming you are using a master keyboard and splitting the keyboard as channel One upper and Two lower:

MENU -> F2 MIDI -> F6 CHANNEL RX ->
F1 Upper: 1
F2 Lower: 2
all others OFF then:
F9 Arranger Chords ->
F6 Lower 1: 2
F7 Lower 2: 2
all others OFF

and lastly press "SAVE" (under the cursor keypad)

Then go into Menu -> keyboard control -> F5 accordion -> user 1/6 (change to INACTIVE).

and then USER 5/10 'SAVE'

That should get you started although you may need to change the octaves for upper/lower. The latter instructions ensures good chord recognition.

If that does not work then you will have to look at your master keyboards midi setup.

You could also try using the different MIDI Templates ketron have supplied from the MIDI screen just to get a basic setup (the USER buttons). But you will still need to alter them to get the module working perfectly.

Other than that, give your retailer a call, most Ketron agents will have a good working knowledge of the instrument (unless you brought it at discount online of course!)

#342496 - 03/21/12 12:27 PM Re: Only Drums on a Audya4 [Re: Machetero]
leezone Offline

i wish when we did not have an controller attached to A4
we could hear more than just drums from styles
but you cannot

you may say, just hook up a keyboard and play a chord.
and i'll say i don't want to hook up a keyboard just to listen to styles, and possible edit volumes, sounds, etc.
or i may not have a keyboard handy at the moment, perhaps i'm home and A4 is all i have.

i WISH with A4 standalone, you could actually hear the whole band, even if JUST the C chord

i've asked AJ to try to incorporate this into a new OS,

we'll see...

#342504 - 03/21/12 01:15 PM Re: Only Drums on a Audya4 [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Machetero Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
Simple MIDI setup:

.... presuming you are using a master keyboard and splitting the keyboard as channel One upper and Two lower:

MENU -> F2 MIDI -> F6 CHANNEL RX ->
F1 Upper: 1
F2 Lower: 2
all others OFF then:
F9 Arranger Chords ->
F6 Lower 1: 2
F7 Lower 2: 2
all others OFF

and lastly press "SAVE" (under the cursor keypad)

Then go into Menu -> keyboard control -> F5 accordion -> user 1/6 (change to INACTIVE).

and then USER 5/10 'SAVE'

That should get you started although you may need to change the octaves for upper/lower. The latter instructions ensures good chord recognition.

If that does not work then you will have to look at your master keyboards midi setup.

You could also try using the different MIDI Templates ketron have supplied from the MIDI screen just to get a basic setup (the USER buttons). But you will still need to alter them to get the module working perfectly.

Other than that, give your retailer a call, most Ketron agents will have a good working knowledge of the instrument (unless you brought it at discount online of course!)

Thanks Tonewheeldude.

Try your recommended setup, but nothing, same.
I wish that the Audya4 was as easy as the BK7m to configure for a MIDI keyboard, nothing is easy in this module.

How you reset the Audya4 to the factory defaults?

#342505 - 03/21/12 02:04 PM Re: Only Drums on a Audya4 [Re: Machetero]
Tonewheeldude Offline

the Audya 4 is simple, you just choose a midi template and go, I have been a bit more in depth so it will work at its best for you. The Audya is a complex instrument that is designed to be used with Accordions, Guitars and Keyboards. Whilst you want basic midi another person will require in depth Midi editing or need to use it in a totally different way...who do Ketron please? They have done their best to meet the requirements of everyone.

If your still not getting anything its down to your controller, its obviously not transmitting on channel 2 for the left hand. Really you need to find out what your controllers doing before changing settings on the Audya.

what controller is it anyway?

#342512 - 03/21/12 04:11 PM Re: Only Drums on a Audya4 [Re: Tonewheeldude]
Machetero Offline

Originally Posted By: Tonewheeldude
the Audya 4 is simple, you just choose a midi template and go, I have been a bit more in depth so it will work at its best for you. The Audya is a complex instrument that is designed to be used with Accordions, Guitars and Keyboards. Whilst you want basic midi another person will require in depth Midi editing or need to use it in a totally different way...who do Ketron please? They have done their best to meet the requirements of everyone.

If your still not getting anything its down to your controller, its obviously not transmitting on channel 2 for the left hand. Really you need to find out what your controllers doing before changing settings on the Audya.

what controller is it anyway?

I have try 2 of them. A M-Audio Keystation 61 and a Behringer UMX61.

Edited by Machetero (03/21/12 04:12 PM)

#342517 - 03/21/12 08:06 PM Re: Only Drums on a Audya4 [Re: Machetero]
Machetero Offline

I think I found the issue.
I connected the Audya4 to a Korg PA588 and use it as a master keyboard.
Iwas able to play the right hand sound from the PA588 and the Audya 4 was sensing the chords play in the keyboard, but still to full style play, only drums.
Went back to the Audya 4 and enable again accordion (keyboard control -> F5 accordion -> user 1/6 change to INACTIVE.
I have some confusion in this part. I can read INACTIVE, but I don't know if the accordion is inactive and selecting F5 will make it ACTIVE.
But any way everything is working now. I have no tested the configuration with a MIDI keyboard, but I guest that will work fine.

Thanks again Tonewheeldude for you advice.

Edited by Machetero (03/21/12 08:07 PM)

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online