SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30362 - 02/15/06 11:59 PM Ketron Modules
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
will any of the ketron modules supply a comp based on a "Full keyboard" mode? I want a box that I can select a pattern, and have the drum and bass follow my piano playing, don't need any other comp. Just drum, bass and fills. And it has to recognize what I play on the piano through midi, and not "left hand hold chord" mode.
Will any of them do this?

Doc-Z

#30363 - 02/16/06 08:20 AM Re: Ketron Modules
miden Offline

Loc: The World
hi doc, the midjay does have a full keyboard mode, but as for just having bass and drums only, you can do it but you need to set up(edit) the styles accordingly...the Korg PA1x has a full keyboard method as well, and has a solo bass function which turns off all but bass and drums, the only down is that the bass volume then gets set at 127, and i still don't believe korg have addressed this in software updates...i also believe the g70 does a full keyboard mode too, but i am not sure about the Tyros, although for the money they ask for them you'd want them to cook dinner and wash up, and then go play your gig for you as well!!!!!

#30364 - 02/20/06 11:47 PM Re: Ketron Modules
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Thank you for your reply, I was hoping I might dig up a module that would do this, dragging a second keyboard to put on top of a piano is not a good option for me. I currently have a Roland Boss DR-3, this has bass lines, but I haven't found a way to control the pitch of the lines through midi, so I'm on the look out for something else..

Doc-Z

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online