I was really not happy !
First : For wany years, i m working at studio with the SD1 as a GM sound module. I record midi events in SONAR with the SD1 connected to the PC (midi in) (I have the 5.0), and play them from SONAR with the sd1 (midi out).

I have 3 Interface. The first one was a joystick port from my mother board. The second was the joystick port from my Sound Blaster Live. the third is a 4 USB MIDI port from roland.

I have SD1 since 4/5 Years, and when I working with it in studio, i need to reboot it all 5 minutes. when i m playing the midi song from sonar, it freeze after 5 minute of work, and need to be rebooted.

But I was playing with the motherboard midi interface, and after the freeze, the midi in port was killed !!! the PC ca out midi events, but no Input !!
I was thinking that the cable was cutted, so I bought a second midi/joystick cable and it was the same.

After that I used the sound blaster midi IN, and in the first hour, after some freezing of SD1, the MIDI IN IS KILLED AGAIN !!

So it's the second MIDI IN INTERFACE THE SD1 KILLS!!

Note that the USB interface is not killed, but the SD freeze always...

Conclusion :
Ketron SD1 is not a professional keyboard for Studio. And it can make hardware damage to the PC.

Dan
https://www.varranger.com