SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#31445 - 03/14/05 01:19 AM Ketron X1 internal sounds
mario_pl Offline

Loc: Poland
Hi,
Is possible change internal sound on Ketron X1? My internal Grand Piano is no good sampled sound and I would like exchange it. Any advices... Greetings, Mariusz.

#31446 - 03/14/05 05:50 AM Re: Ketron X1 internal sounds
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ketron X1 had an optional sound bank[sample] that included piano 2[a decent piano] as well as a few other great sounds..You can set the sound bank to auto load, but it takes a few minutes on boot up..
Contact DanO, George, or AJ....they should be able to help you with the sound banks..

#31447 - 03/14/05 09:36 PM Re: Ketron X1 internal sounds
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Mario, you can edit the internal Piano and save it as a user voice. Further you can make more than one user voice from which you can build a program piano sound as a combination of user or intenal sounds.

Editing features are not that great on X1 sounds, but depending on what music you want to use that piano for, I have made some nice pianos on mine.

#31448 - 03/14/05 11:42 PM Re: Ketron X1 internal sounds
mario_pl Offline

Thanks for your reply. But I'll need load new samples for exchange old voice.
I know about user voices, but it is the same internal piano. I would update like on PC computer or "Flash" some of internal voices.
Thank again for your advice.
Take Care: Mariusz.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mosiqaar:
Mario, you can edit the internal Piano and save it as a user voice. Further you can make more than one user voice from which you can build a program piano sound as a combination of user or intenal sounds.

Editing features are not that great on X1 sounds, but depending on what music you want to use that piano for, I have made some nice pianos on mine.

#31449 - 03/15/05 04:24 AM Re: Ketron X1 internal sounds
Edoardo Offline

Loc: Trento, Italy
Hi mario,
the internal sound of X1 are totally reprogrammable and upgradable via Floppy. If ketron want to relase a new sound upgrade (like SD1...) you can upload in X1 via floppy.
If you try to analyze the firm000.snd file with an editor, you can find a lot of sound information, or try to open this with a wav editor like cooledit, you find a sample off snaredrum!
Ketron can upgrade all the internal soundflashmemory of X1 !!!

#31450 - 03/15/05 04:30 AM Re: Ketron X1 internal sounds
mario_pl Offline

Thank you for your reply
Ok, But where I can found the sound like: firm000.snd.
Can you tell me more???
Mariusz.

Quote:
Originally posted by Edoardo:
Hi mario,
the internal sound of X1 are totally reprogrammable and upgradable via Floppy. If ketron want to relase a new sound upgrade (like SD1...) you can upload in X1 via floppy.
If you try to analyze the firm000.snd file with an editor, you can find a lot of sound information, or try to open this with a wav editor like cooledit, you find a sample off snaredrum!
Ketron can upgrade all the internal soundflashmemory of X1 !!!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online