SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30143 - 01/06/04 04:18 PM X1 Microphone set up
MrMelody55 Offline

Loc: Tustin, CA, US
Can somebody show me how to save the Microphone set up on the X1? It keeps going back to "Inactive" mode and reset the echo & reverb to the default status.

Thanks

#30144 - 01/11/04 03:40 PM Re: X1 Microphone set up
deatonent Offline

Loc: Tazewell, VA, USA
I found the following quotes in the Synthzone archives. They may not address your question directly but they do give some insight into the workings of the "save" function on the X1. You might also try posting a question on the Solton group at Yahoo Groups. There are some very knowledgeable X1 users there. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/solton/

Quotes:
I can tell you that on the Solton X1 if you hold the save/write button down there is a function called "save power on set up" which lets you save everything you've done at this moment so that the next time you turn it on, your set up will be remembered. There is also a function in Utility called Registration which allows you to modify the registrations to recall whatever you want as a global set up. I've not seen another keyboard with as much possibilities as the X1.
George Kaye

on the X1. - Scott Hi DannyUK, Welcome Back! It's been quite a while since we've heard from you, so it's great to see you posting on the forum again. We've missed you. Unfortunately I can't answer your question regarding the X1, but since you brought it up, I'm curious if the SD1 and XD9 supports the same thing you're asking about

hi ya! nice of you to reply!! as i posted something here last week but nobody bothered to reply so i thought i had lost all the guys a i knew here.. but glad to hear from you! been through a rocky patch what with being made redundant and hard to find another suitable job within IT, so within the last month i have sat down and seriously started to use the X1 like ive never down before (now that ive been given the chance), and the thing still blows me away as much as it did when i first bought it 3 years ago!..
but this query i have with saving settings, i can see the settings and i actually select SAVE, but when turning the key
Danny,
whatever you program in registration #1 this is the sound that will come on (and the style) when you turn your keyboard on. Also on the X1 there is a function when pushing the save/enter button called power on set up. When you select this, all of the functions you set up under utility and things like which hard disk folder will come on when you turn on the keyboard, and which fingering mode you want on, and other such functions will be remembered next time you turn on the keyboard if you push the power on settings function and then push save (F10). However, if all you want is a certain style and a certain sound, you only need to save these settings in registration 1. do you know how to save registrations? Set it up the way you want it, press save/enter, then press the function button next to the word registration, then make sure you have selected registration #1 and push execute, are you sure? then save.
George Kaye
kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
George,
Mosiqaar,
When you make changes to the styles settings etc, just the changes made in ARRANGER VIEW are saved and not the default screen values. Make your changes to your styles within ARRANGER VIEW and SAVE - disregard the default value when you call up new styles since the actual values you will be hearing are those you see in ARRANGER VIEW.
Hope this helps.
Thanks,
AJ

[This message has been edited by deatonent (edited 01-11-2004).]

#30145 - 01/12/04 01:38 PM Re: X1 Microphone set up
MrMelody55 Offline

Loc: Tustin, CA, US
Deotonent.

Thanks a lot. I will certainly try that!

------------------

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online