SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30543 - 05/28/03 12:19 AM User samples into GROOVES?
ketron_user Offline

Loc: zagreb
Hello Forum!
I recently became owner of Ketron X4 module (X1 without a keyboard). My first impressions: this is terrific arranger with wonderful sound. I have discovered a lot of
great possibilities, but one of the greatest PLUS can become a big MINUS: grooves!
Is it possible to use *.wav sample to make your own GROOVE?
I know that is possible to "rearange" grooves using default factory ROM samples, but imagine idea to have your own samples in the GROOVE. Does anybody know more detailes
about that?

#30544 - 05/28/03 04:30 AM Re: User samples into GROOVES?
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
In facts, Ketron say about GROOVES !!!

It's not a loop in Wav format.

Ketron sample a drumer or a loop in wav format. They cut the loop into each event of the loop (you can do it with the loop editor in SONAR) for exp each quarter note, and they are doing a kit with this notes, they call it "LIVE DRUM". After they plays it via midi . now, you can move the tempo a little, and it sounds good....

But there is another way, with wav synchro...
but I don't know very well...

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#30545 - 05/28/03 04:58 AM Re: User samples into GROOVES?
ketron_user Offline

Thanks Dan.
But now again my new question: can you load somehow your own samples and use them in grooves, or you can only via MIDI "rearange" grooves with factory ROM samples ?

I also think X1/X4 cannot synchronize Wav sample with tempo. What about SD-1?

#30546 - 05/28/03 08:53 AM Re: User samples into GROOVES?
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I don't know for the X1, but in the SD1:
You can create via the sampler a new .MSP file. in this multisample file, you add .wavs files with your own samples (cutted from a loop...), and you assign each part of this loop (one by file) to a key, via the sampler...
After all, you can create a new drum kit, with each key assigned to a .wav file....

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#30547 - 05/29/03 01:57 AM Re: User samples into GROOVES?
ketron_user Offline

Hi Dan

Yes, using MSPs instead of grooves seems it's the same thing. Seems I can close this topic now. I hope we did help other users too.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online