SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29942 - 05/19/03 11:29 AM Why doesn't SD1 retain msp settings for the user drum kit
dimu Offline

I have created user drum kit using Tabla sounds. When I created the msp file, I did some tuning to certain keys. Every time I load the msp file in "msp edit" mode, I can hear those tuned sounds. But when I load msp using "sound load" and play the sounds of the user drum kit, I still hear the sounds before tuning. Can somebody help me on this? Is it 4.0a bug?

Let me explain the steps again to clarify:
(1) press msp edit button -> press "msp edit" function key -> select tabla.msp file -> load the file.
(2) increase or decrease the "tuning" value for certain keys.
(3) Save
(4) If I redo step (1) I can hear the tuned sounds of the keys.
(5) Load the sounds of tabla.msp file by pressing "sound load" button.
(6) press "drum edit" (F6) button. I get the screen copying from standard to tabla.
(7) During the assignment of different wave files of tabla.msp to different key now I hear the sounds of those wave files before I tuned in Step (2). Also when I play the drum sounds of the tabla drum kit, I hear the pre-tuned sounds!

Thanks,

-Dimu

#29943 - 05/27/03 08:36 AM Re: Why doesn't SD1 retain msp settings for the user drum kit
dimu Offline

I found the answer to the proble. For the benefit of the group, here it is:

What ever slight tuning I did for few keys were reversed (may be by coincidence) by Snare drums. When I turn off Snare drum in the drum edit screen, I hear the tuned sounds of those keys.

So SD1 retains the msp settings!!!

-Dimu

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online