SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19435 - 05/28/03 06:50 PM trinity preload disk
keyed Offline

Help!!!!! I am in trouble. I erased all programs and combinations in our chruches Trinity Pro X. Does anybody out there have the preload disks that came with the unit. I would REALLY appreciate connecting with someone who could email the files to me.

Please hurry, before the pastor ( who also plays ) find out.

keyed

#19436 - 05/28/03 08:00 PM Re: trinity preload disk
cubistone Offline

Fear not my friend! The Trinity has a ton of support on the Net. If you simply want to reload the factory presets then go here. That will help you out a lot. http://www.korgnorthwest.com/KORG_Resets.htm

But if your pastor had saved any user patch then you'd need more help than I could give you. Best of luck!

Regards

#19437 - 05/29/03 11:02 PM Re: trinity preload disk
keyed Offline

Thanks for the replying. That is the site where i initially got in trouble. I resetted the entire keyboard thinking that factory "prog/comb" would be the default. WRONG!!! The unit initialized EVERY comb/prog.
My ultimate goal was to duplicate all comb/prog from my Rack ( home ) to the ProX at the church. When I download the preload files and load into the ProX, I only get banks A and B. Banks C and D are "initialized". I tried bringing my Rack to the church to midi dump all PCG, but banks C and D are still empty.

So long story short, I need help with getting factory prog/comb back on banks C and D.

#19438 - 05/30/03 07:57 PM Re: trinity preload disk
O.K. JOHNSON Offline

Loc: LACEY, WASH. USA
Forgive me if I'm a little lost, here. You can get the facroty programs/combis on banks "A" and "B" with no problem. You also want to duplicate those same banks on "C" and "D" also (same sounds) ?

I don't recall getting a full set of seperate sounds on "C" and "D" with my Trinity Pro. Had to load them in. Those are my custom banks.

If you are trying to load banks "C" and "D" from the Trinity Rack unit, do those load into the Pro X's banks "A" and "B"? If they do you can then copy those banks (formerly "C" and "D" of the Trinity rack) into "C" and "D" of the Pro-X direct from the Pro-X. The load your preload "A" and "B" into the Pro X as usual.

Is this what you are trying to attempt?

-OKJ

#19439 - 05/30/03 08:07 PM Re: trinity preload disk
O.K. JOHNSON Offline

One other thing. Would be a very good investment for you to get Kevin Goodman's Trinitro program. It will save all your banks into Korg PCG files, making it easy to transfer your sounds from Rack to keyboard or vice-versa. Worth the small amount he asks for it. Saves a lot of heartache, especially when something like this happens.

Two months ago I had a major glitch in the operating system and had to load an earlier version and then go back to the latest version to get the board to work. Had to reload all my sounds, too. If not for that program and having them saved, I would have been pulling out what little hair I have left.

--OKJ

#19440 - 06/03/03 05:39 PM Re: trinity preload disk
keyed Offline

My pastor bought the keyboard used, so banks C & D may be custom banks - I dunno. It had pathces on programs and combis banks A-D ( there may have been an S bank also, cannot be sure now ).

I guess my real question ( and objective )is:
If I reset the Rack to factory default, I get all 4 banks comb/prog. Can I assume that the ProX follows suit? Well actually not, because when the ProX resets, all sounds are initialized. So I need to load those banks. SO far I am able to load banks A and B. But not C and D. Why? Are the ProX banks C and D all custom banks? Then why would Korg build a Rack with 256 more sounds and not load them into the ProX ?

So far I have not been able to load banks C and D from the rack. I've been doing midi 'PCGS' dumps. I will try to dump only C&D from the rack into ProX banks A&B as you suggested when I go to the church 6/3.

Thanks

Also thanks for TRINITRO suggestion, I will look into it.

b bless'd

keyed

Quote:
Originally posted by O.K. JOHNSON:
Forgive me if I'm a little lost, here. You can get the facroty programs/combis on banks "A" and "B" with no problem. You also want to duplicate those same banks on "C" and "D" also (same sounds) ?

I don't recall getting a full set of seperate sounds on "C" and "D" with my Trinity Pro. Had to load them in. Those are my custom banks.

If you are trying to load banks "C" and "D" from the Trinity Rack unit, do those load into the Pro X's banks "A" and "B"? If they do you can then copy those banks (formerly "C" and "D" of the Trinity rack) into "C" and "D" of the Pro-X direct from the Pro-X. The load your preload "A" and "B" into the Pro X as usual.

Is this what you are trying to attempt?

-OKJ

#19441 - 06/03/03 05:47 PM Re: trinity preload disk
keyed Offline

Also, the pastor found out.

keyed

#19442 - 06/03/03 09:14 PM Re: trinity preload disk
O.K. JOHNSON Offline

Pastors always find out.

I believe if you have your programs/combis on a floppy disk, you can load them into whatever bank (A-B-C-D) you want by simply selecting that option. If your preload stuff is on floppy disk, go that route. If not, copy the PCG preload files onto a floppy and then load into the Pro-X.

If all else fails, definitely check out Trinitro. Wonderful tool just for the Trinity. Just for fun... what is the operating system version of the Pro-X?

Thanks.

--OKJ

#19443 - 06/13/03 11:56 PM Re: trinity preload disk
keyed Offline

I finally got a chance to check out the verison software. It is v 2.2.0 on the Pro X. Also I didnt have any success with the transfer of sounds again from Rack to ProX. Not sure why since I am dumping all PCGS into the ProX. This time I couldn't get anything into the ProX from the Rack. But diskettes worked - only for banks A and B. I may have to load trinitro and bring my PC to the church - a little difficult since I don't have a laptop. The ProX has options PBS, DI, and HDR. Not sure if this makes any difference. If you have any other suggestions I am all ears.

Keyed

#19444 - 06/14/03 07:11 AM Re: trinity preload disk
O.K. JOHNSON Offline

Since you have all the options, and can't see banks "C" and "D", I would first of all load in the latest version of the Korg operating system for the Trinity. It is 3.1.1 and you can get in on the Korg site. You could also obtain it, I believe on the Yahoo Trinity users group. Follow the directions. BE CAREFUL!!!

I also think you'll need to re-initialize the PBS-TRI that gives you banks "C" and "D". I've had to do that at least once and certainly had to after the unit was installed. There should be a disc that comes with it to allow that. If not let me know. That should do the trick.

Also, patches from the Rack and the keyboard will transfer nicely back and forth. The only caveat to remember is that the Rack has more multisamples (32mb ROM vs keyboard's 24 stock ROM). Any rack patches that utilize the additional multisamples will produce no sound on the keyboard. All multisample names and numbers are the same otherwise. Basically, if you dump all keyboard patches into the rack they will sound the same. Same for the rack into the keyboard unless the patch uses the additional multisamples. I just got the rack this week and discovered that through a little help from the Trinity users group.

Keep me posted.

--OKJ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online