SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#18007 - 11/03/98 05:11 AM need help!!!
Ark Offline

Loc: Singapore
Hi,
I'm new to the synworld and considering to buy a 2nd hd T2. I really like the piano sounds of 01/W but the T2 sounds not quite there. Seller claims its jst the speakers, need experts out there to advise if this is true & if this is worth the buy? Even so, can the sounds be downloaded from 01/w? Thanks.

Gary

#18008 - 11/08/98 09:39 PM Re: need help!!!
HellPope Huey Offline

Loc: Hot Springs, AR, USA
Hey Gary! First off, you can't trade sounds between Korgs as such. They port a few over when they make the next generation, but the samples are in ROM, so unlike samplers, you get what you get unless you buy a Korg PCM library card. I dunno if they offer such a card for the T2, although their piano cards are a cut above what the basic instruments come with 'cause more of the memory is dedicated TO piano. Its a complex sound that doesn't fare that well with only 2 megs! I finally managed to come up with a combi that satisfied a lot of my piano needs, although I recommend checking out modules like the Oberheim MiniGrand if you're really a piano mogul. Better speakers CAN make a synth sound better, obviously, but check it out with headphones and just make a judgement call based on what YOU like. I chose an 01/Wfd because it comes across as what the M & T series units were trying to BE in the end. The 0 series sequencers and polyphony are WAY better, as well. However, the T's are no slouches. Just remember that you've gotta LIVE with it once you buy it and may find that moving up the Korg line a notch or 2 will serve you better in the long run. Good luck widdit.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online