SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#17385 - 01/22/03 05:51 AM Problems with xp and cakewalk?
drage Offline

I have a problem with cakewalk and the korgn5 using windows xp. I am not sure why, but when I play or program the sounds into cakewalk, I get two instruments at the same time. If this is because of Korg or the cakewalk I dont know. I am unable to make music because of this problem. I cannot only get one sound in one track!!

Please help!!!

#17386 - 01/22/03 06:15 AM Re: Problems with xp and cakewalk?
drage Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by drage:
I have a problem with cakewalk and the korgn5 using windows xp. I am not sure why, but when I play or program the sounds into cakewalk, I get two instruments at the same time. If this is because of Korg or the cakewalk I dont know. I am unable to make music because of this problem. I cannot only get one sound in one track!!

Please help!!!

I think now that the problem is in cacewalk. The first instument I put in is ok, But all the other instuments are influenced by the first. A mix. The synth plays normally when I am not composing in cakewalk.

What can I do???

#17387 - 01/22/03 08:03 AM Re: Problems with xp and cakewalk?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
drage. Try this. CAKEWALK.
Goto OPTIONS \ PROJECT \ MIDI-INPUT \ ECHO MODE Tick NONE.
This will eliminate a loop through your set-up.

Graham

#17388 - 01/22/03 09:34 AM Re: Problems with xp and cakewalk?
drage Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Graham UK:
drage. Try this. CAKEWALK.
Goto OPTIONS \ PROJECT \ MIDI-INPUT \ ECHO MODE Tick NONE.
This will eliminate a loop through your set-up.

Graham

#17389 - 01/22/03 09:56 AM Re: Problems with xp and cakewalk?
drage Offline

Thanks! This has led me in the right direction I think. The problem now, is that no matter what instrument I choose from the banks, I will allways hear and play the first instrument (Patch) I have chosen at the first track.

This happens even if I choose different midichannels or channels.

#17390 - 01/22/03 10:02 AM Re: Problems with xp and cakewalk?
drage Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by drage:

I forgot to say that If I record what sounds like the first instrument, It plays the right instrument if I Listen to it after recording. But it is impossible to compose when you can only listen to what you have recorded already....PHU!!! a hard one...

I have been trying for months to fiks this problem....Hope you have some further advice.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online