I am hoping that one of our GEM representatives might be able to help me out here!

I am setting up two ways of controlling my Promega3. One is from the built in keyboard plus GEM three pedal unit (with continuous sustain) and the other is via a Kawai action with its own dedicated pedal board.

The Kawai sustain pedal is also continuous but has a crudely stepped output.

The Kawai sustain sends out values 0, 15, 31, 47, 63, 79, 95, 111, 127 whilst the GEM sustain sends out 0, 2, 4, 6, 8, etc..

However, I know that there is only a small active range in the GEM values when received by the Promega 3. For example, this might be gradual between 40 and 60 but full on or off outside those limits.

What I want to do is to map the controller values from the Kawai to suit the sensitive range of the Promega3. To do that, I need to know the upper and lower limits for the active area of the GEM sustain.

That therefore, is my question.

To summarise:

What are the lower and upper sustain pedal values on the Promega3 which bound the zone where the continuous pedal effects start?

I am sure this can't be confidential information so if any GEM wizard can supply this information, I'll be really grateful!

Thanks in advance,

Mark