Hello GeneralMusic folks,

Well, it's going on 4 years that I've had my WK8 and everthing has been smooth sailing....Until last night.

I was loading some midi files onto the hard drive so I had Hard Drive Protect turned off. I then cleared out the song list or RAM via the control in the General setup section. I then proceeded to play some music, not midi files, actually playing the keyboard. I then decided to load a sound bank, the String1 sound bank to be exact. I hit Disk, didn't notice that my last function was to Save, scrolled down the Block List to SN_STRN1.BLK and hit the Enter key.

BONG! goes the bell in my head but too late. Nothing was in RAM, so my SAVE function deleted the STRING1 block. And I don't have backup copy of it. By the way, SystemRestore does not restore this and I didn't think it would.

So here's my question, can somebody with a WK8 or SK880 copy the SN_STRN1.BLK to a floppy and then email me the contents?

msutliff@tc.umn.edu

I would really appreciate it!

Which brings up my next question. What would I do if I had a HardDrive failure? Does GeneralMusic have the entire contents of the WK8's HD on a different medium, say CD for instance (I know the Genesys does)? If not, I better get crackin' on backing everything up to floppy. Nope, I don't have the SCSI board installed. That option is looking better and better by the minute.

Thanks in advance.

mike

[This message has been edited by msutliff (edited 09-11-2003).]