I am using SK880 with Cubase SX.

I have created a song using SK and I have ported it to Cubase. I have saved it in Cubase after doing considerable amount of work. I have selected from Cubase DRUM TRACK, DK_ORCH transmitting on channel 9.

Corresponding to this song, I have created a song on SK that has no events. However, it has a song performance saved that will make make all the tracks of the song unmuted. So that when the song from Cubase is playing, SK will play all the tracks instead of me going to each track and unmuting it, trust me too much much work for 16 tracks.

So whatever instrument I select from CUBASE, it is also selected automatically and mind you... CORRECTLY on SK. SK is the slave and Cubase is the master.

So far so good.

I decided to change DK_ORCH not from the SONG mode but from REAL mode. Why is that? because I wanted to select the DK_ORCH that was used by one of the styles. One of the styles actually modifies the precussion kit and I need that. So I put on the style to get that modified DK_ORCH. Then, I went to "SOUND" and then saved that SOUND to FILE to location 128-2-1 which is the default location anyway. In otherwords, I overwritten the default location with the modified sound.

SO Far So GOOD.

Then I went to back to the song but when you hit STOP twice or when you play the song from CUBASE, it reverts back to different precussion than the one I want it to play. Let me be exact here. It still says on CUBASE 128-2-1 and it still says on SX track 128-2-1 DK_ORCH with a "DOT" for modification, but different precussion is playing.

So I understood that this modified sound needs to be SAVED in the performance of the SONG. Fine... let us start from scratch.

Went back to REAL Mode, the modified sound is saved and playing correctly. Moved back to SONG MODE. Before doing anything, I saved the PERFORMANCE so that the performance will save in it the modified sound. That played fine.

Then I changed to different song using the SAME TRACK the SAME sound 128-2-1, and guess what... it reverted back to playing the same unwanted modified precussion.

What is going on?

So I created different song performance, it did not work.

I erased the song from SK and I recreate it, it did not work...

Is that a bug or something?