SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15381 - 09/21/06 09:29 AM why do my stored volume settings keep changing !!
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Folks , can anyone help please .

Don , very kindly sent me the procedure for naming and saving a style in the user bank memory .I've been very happy using this procedure and have saved 6 user style in Bank 1

I've set a style up for the theme tune from "rocky" using the style 80's Dance!!!
I've changed the instrumentation in the right hand to :- screaming B3 volume 83.
fast rotary volume 118

pressed the store button , chose memory . user bank 1 number 5
Press ENTER to save the style and all the appropriate settings .
If I select the setting within a few hours all is As I had selected and saved !!.

Left overnight ,if I then in the morning press Memories button , select userbank 1 and press 5 to try the setting again the volume of the Fast Rotary has changed to 127 !!! .

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING ????

WHAT HAVE I DONE WRONG ??

Regards to you all .....Giovanni

#15382 - 09/21/06 12:08 PM Re: why do my stored volume settings keep changing !!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Giovanni,

Please tell me what tracks you assigned these sounds to. I want to try and duplicate this.

Also, did you make these edits to the original 80's Dance style or did you copy it to a User Style location and do the edit there?

Thanks,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#15383 - 09/21/06 01:15 PM Re: why do my stored volume settings keep changing !!
Giovanni Offline

Hi Dave , thanks for your reply and your interest .
I searched for a style which would be suitable for the Theme "gonna fly " from the film Rocky .
Found 80's dance style .
set tempo to 125 bpm
set screamin B3 on track 1 adjust volume to 83
set fast Rotary to track 8 adjust volume to 115
set jazzorgan3GM2 (used on chord of midi accordion bass section)set volume 40
pressed enter .
I have to say that it sounds very good
(I had a special arrangement written for me)of this great theme tune taken from a record many years ago played by an Italian demonstrator for excelsior midi accordions.
I'm using my Concerto digital accordion to supply sax sounds in the middle sections and even a choir voice in a section near the end !! plus acoustic accordion and of course via the special phantom foot switch I'm able to seamlessly cut in and out with the XP organ sounds .
Do i have fun !! Yes !! I do !!

I'm obviously doing some thing wrong as you mentioned EDIT !! I've not touched this function .
I made the volume adjustments by going into the mixer section by pressing the mixer button and adjusting the levels accordingly .
Incidently I've just turned the XP on after only resetting the volumes about an hour ago and my volume settings for "rocky" saved in user bank 1 number 5 have all returned to 127 on track 8 ,50 on track1 , 60 on track 7 .

Perhaps it may be a good idea (if you have time ) to do a step by step procedure .
I'm sorry to be a real pain !!!

once again thanks for your patience !!!

regards .............Giovanni

PS when in the mixer section what does the Lock button do ???

#15384 - 09/24/06 07:32 AM Re: why do my stored volume settings keep changing !!
Giovanni Offline

Hi Folks , I've sorted the problem !!
Everything is now ok !!
I had the Mixer Lock activated !!
(highlighted in black) on the right hand bottom of the screen .
I tried reading the manual on the mixer lock function (it's not exactly easily understood )
Anyhow, if the mixer lock is set in the on position , and you switch the Xp off .
On start up you setting returns to default
settings of 127 volume level .
So it's something else I've learn't .

Regards to you all..........Giovanni

#15385 - 10/01/06 02:19 PM Re: why do my stored volume settings keep changing !!
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
Giovanni, Dave, anybody...
please explain the function of the mixer lock button
on the individual sounds/styles, as opposed to the
global mixer lock in the edits section with Autobacking, etc..

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online